What's new

expert help needed: mail don't open links, youtube can't load, games can't connect

mnfl

Reaction score
hello

it seems my iPad had caught some weird diseas
symptoms:
- some games cannot connect to Internet even though I'm on wifi
- YouTube cannot load and gives an error
- links in the Mail app dont open

details:
- I am connected to the wifi, and safari load perfectly, but in some games, they sometimes ask for Internet and ask me to connect and try again even though I already am
- when I open YouTube app, it starts loading, but then gives the message "cannot connect to YouTube"
- I cannot open any external links in my email app. it seems that the email adds the letter "o" at the beginning of every URL, making it invalid. I really don't know why it does that.
here's a screenshot: http://db.tt/TqmJNWFO
notice the letter "o" at the beginning of the URL. this happens with any link I try to open. however, I can still copy the link and open I safari without the addition of the "o"

all seems really frustrating.. I hope I don't have to restore :(

any help guys

A quick and easy process to try... which usually clears up hickups like these... perform a Hard Reset of your iPad. Hold the home and lock buttons, at the same time, for approximately 10 seconds. Ignore the "Slide to Power Off"... your screen will go black... then release the buttons w/ the Apple Logo appears. If that doesn't clear it up... you might want to try posting at our sister forum iPad Forum. Their member base has quite a bit more experience w/ the iPad than ours will.

[FIXED]

- Mail app not opening links:
I installed Browser Changer tweak. I haven't defined any browser in the Select Browser setting of the tweak. once I did, Mail opened links normally to my selected browser.

- YouTube not loading:
I installed Browser Changer tweak. then in it's settings, I turned on Apply to: YouTube. meanwhile, I had no browser defined in the Select Browser settings of the tweak. once I did (selected a browser in the tweak), YouTube worked normally again.

- Games not connecting:
not fully resolved yet. maybe it's just these games I have that cannot connect due to their own server issues.

hope this helps anyone who'll have this issue. it's kinda silly at the end :p