What's new

Event notifications for email, missed calls and etc

susja

Reaction score
Hello,
I came from Droid X world. It has nice feature with blinking light to notify about missed messages, email and phone calls.
I can't find this feature in iPhone 5. Does it exist at all? I found in Settings - General - Accessibility - LED Flash for Alerts. I set it 'ON' but it looks it didn't make a difference.
Well I consider that blinking light quite convenient notification. In case iPhone 5 does not case this feature what you'd suggest the most convenient option to set notification alert for missed calls and email. I mean just to be notified that something was missed without really opening the phone.
thanks

You don't have to "open" the phone to check for missed events. iOS 5 and 6 have a notification system that allows for any alert you set to be kept on the lock screen. Simply press the home button or standby/sleep button once and the display turns on for 8 seconds. That should be more than enough time to read any event shown on that screen.

Hello,
I came from Droid X world. It has nice feature with blinking light to notify about missed messages, email and phone calls.
I can't find this feature in iPhone 5. Does it exist at all? I found in Settings - General - Accessibility - LED Flash for Alerts. I set it 'ON' but it looks it didn't make a difference.
Well I consider that blinking light quite convenient notification. In case iPhone 5 does not case this feature what you'd suggest the most convenient option to set notification alert for missed calls and email. I mean just to be notified that something was missed without really opening the phone.
thanks

Yes and the flashing light is actually the screen itself, and it's easy to miss. On reminders, make sure you change the alert, I never heard the ones that were default for reminders. Other then that, Skull gave great advice.

thanks for advice
I'll definitely change it.
the only difference from Droid is that I was able to check missed events without touching the phone ... but it's not a big deal.
thanks again