What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

No, and, if there ever is one - more than likely it will be AFTER one has been found and released for iOS 8. Which hasn't even been released to the public yet, so we're talking months and months...

Marilyn
Well those of us who believed this (me included) have egg on our face as the 7.1.1 untethered public JB is now released. Will JB 7.1.2 as well from reports.

PanGu (when modified) can jailbreak up to the current iOS 8 beta 2 as well as the exploits were freshly released. Most likely won't see a patch for it until 8 beta 4 assuming we're keeping the same pace with the last 2 betas, and will probably not hit iOS 7 until 7.1.3/7.1.4 if ever.

I'm only assuming that it's just a matter of time before Evaders repackage this without the piracy issue?

I'm only assuming that it's just a matter of time before Evaders repackage this without the piracy issue?

That would be redundant and most likely will end with a lawsuit. The piracy app is optional with the tickbox, which is hardcoded into the utility. The PanGu team will release an English+Mac+Compressed version in the next version which will come shortly. The bigger issue is the confirmation of whether malware is actually present in the utility.

That would be redundant and most likely will end with a lawsuit. The piracy app is optional with the tickbox, which is hardcoded into the utility. The PanGu team will release an English+Mac+Compressed version in the next version which will come shortly. The bigger issue is the confirmation of whether malware is actually present in the utility.

This is one I'll likely use a wait and see attitude for. While I would chop off your arm and beat a mod with it to get BiteSMS back, I don't want to risk anything else.

I can see this option eventually being the easier one. However, I really think the Pangu one is safe as long as you don't check mark that box. If you do, run that PPsync remover from Angel. I removed it afterwards, I don't see it being continually needed. I've had no issues with stability or questionable app interactions.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Its really to bad that Apple finds out anything at all about a JB but the forum and site that relays information is open to all so oh well. Maybe a private site with invite only etc would slow it down somewhat but in the end that wouldn't work either for obvious reasons.

Well those of us who believed this (me included) have egg on our face as the 7.1.1 untethered public JB is now released. Will JB 7.1.2 as well from reports.
Is this confirmed? If so, does that mean the latest public release iOS7 is now jailbreakable? Where is it? I looked on the first page of this thread and didn't see it. Obviously I'm missing something.

Is this confirmed? If so, does that mean the latest public release iOS7 is now jailbreakable? Where is it? I looked on the first page of this thread and didn't see it. Obviously I'm missing something.

7.1.2 has been seeded to carriers prior to the release of Pangu, so Apple has had no time to patch the Pangu exploits. Unless Apple is pushing out 7.1.3+ like they did iOS 6 firmwares to hotfix mini-bugs, we'll most likely see the end of Pangu in 7.1.3/7.2, depending on how Apple's going with their number system.

7.1.2 has been seeded to carriers prior to the release of Pangu, so Apple has had no time to patch the Pangu exploits. Unless Apple is pushing out 7.1.3+ like they did iOS 6 firmwares to hotfix mini-bugs, we'll most likely see the end of Pangu in 7.1.3/7.2, depending on how Apple's going with their number system.

Would you / have you used it willerz? I'm due for a free upgrade from a 4S to a 5S but I won't until I can JB it...

Someone post the link of the jailbreak please

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

Would you / have you used it willerz? I'm due for a free upgrade from a 4S to a 5S but I won't until I can JB it...

I've used 1.0, and it's fine. I haven't used 1.1.0, but there's a supposed issue with SSH not booting upon start unless you're using AngelxWind's copy of OpenSSH on v1.1.0 of PanGu. Other than that, there aren't any other issues that I'm seeing. There are reports that there is a security issue, but unless they know what they're doing, the network security issue is not an issue, and will probably be fixed when PanGu sends a copy of the PanGu untethered package to saurik for open access.

Someone post the link of the jailbreak please

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...break-ios-7-1-x-using-pangu-66821/#post333628

Anybody got some success with this jailbreak and why evasion didn't jsilbreak it

Anybody got some success with this jailbreak and why evasion didn't jsilbreak it

PanGu has less bugs than Evasi0n7 does in terms of the jailbreaking process itself. If you get a bootloop during the Pangu jailbreak, you just need to shine a bright light at the light sensor and it should fix it. There are no dependencies on non-OTA-only firmwares.

The capital reason why Pangu is so bug free and much easier to implement is because of the utilization of expired certificates, which @Evad3rs have ignored as an option because of legality reasons. And because the team is fully devoted into researching exploits/vulnerabilities, it's easier to procure a utility since jailbreaking for @Evad3rs is a hobby as each member has a day job. @Evad3rs said they're not planning to jailbreaking 7.1.X during JBCon because it's not worth the exploits through their eyes, but will most likely work on one for iOS 8.