What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

When you put iOS 7.0.6 on the 4S, did you do it via iTunes or did you use the over-the-air (OTA) method via your Settings app?

If the latter - I'm afraid that the jail break isn't going to work (given your description of what does/doesn't happen). Some people are lucky in that it works for them after an OTA upgrade. But, it's always been an issue with the evasi0n 7 jail break tool.

Marilyn

I'm pretty sure I did the OTA update. I guess I'll have to wait until they come out with a release for 7.1

I'm pretty sure I did the OTA update. I guess I'll have to wait until they come out with a release for 7.1

There most likely won't be a 7.1 release. @ih8sn0w has made it clear that he won't be working on one, and @winocm is transitioning into his Apple position, so he'll have less time to work on it under the assumption that he'll be working on one at all (which he isn't). @pod2g tweeted a few weeks ago that he'll consider it if time permits, and if he can convince his girlfriend that the fate of the world depends on him making one. Realistically speaking, we probably won't see a 7.1 jailbreak (if ever) until the iOS 8 jailbreak has been released, which is much like the iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 and iOS 7.0-7.0.4 scenario, where Evasi0n7 was pushed, then p0sixspwn was pushed right after.

Jail breaking is slowly dying

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

When you put iOS 7.0.6 on the 4S, did you do it via iTunes or did you use the over-the-air (OTA) method via your Settings app?

If the latter - I'm afraid that the jail break isn't going to work (given your description of what does/doesn't happen). Some people are lucky in that it works for them after an OTA upgrade. But, it's always been an issue with the evasi0n 7 jail break tool.

Marilyn

Hi I am new to the site. With an OTA upgrade can you just load TinyUmbrella on your Mac or PC save your SHSH Blob and then use a non OTA 7.0.6 downloaded from other servers? Just asking.

Hi I am new to the site. With an OTA upgrade can you just load TinyUmbrella on your Mac or PC save your SHSH Blob and then use a non OTA 7.0.6 downloaded from other servers? Just asking.

No. I'm sorry. You cannot put iOS 7.0.6 on any iPhone newer than the iPhone 4 or an iPad. The only iOS you can install is iOS 7.1 - and that is NOT jail breakable.

In this case (and, pretty much since iOS 5.x), SHSH blobs are useless. Sorry.

Marilyn

Last edited:
Marilyn I think you meant 7.1 is NOT jail breakable.
Unless you have a iphone 4 right?!?

Last edited:
Marilyn I think you meant 7.1 is NOT jail breakable.
Unless you have a iphone 4 right?!?

Oh my goodness! What a goof to make, eh?! :)

You are correct - iOS 7.1 is NOT jailbreakable unless you have an iPhone 4S.

I have corrected my post - thanks for the catch/correction.

Marilyn

Oh my goodness! What a goof to make, eh?! :)

You are correct - iOS 7.1 is NOT jailbreakable unless you have an iPhone 4.

I have corrected my post - thanks for the catch/correction.

Marilyn
iPhone 4 or 4S ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any great tweaks or apps coming out

Oh, for pity's sake! I try to make a correction and goof the correction up.

I've fixed the error ... again.

Sigh.

Marilyn

if u update u're iphone via OTA you have to restore with itune first before doing jailbreak..

Is there a jailbreak for 7.1.1 yet

Is there a jailbreak for 7.1.1 yet

No, and, if there ever is one - more than likely it will be AFTER one has been found and released for iOS 8. Which hasn't even been released to the public yet, so we're talking months and months...

Marilyn