What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Edit: yep same issue as abbdc1

I installed ikeywi and flipcontrol center and when I go into setting it says "there was an error loading preference bundle". I'm using the 5s. On willerz list it says its compatible.

Mobile Substrate has been update for the 5S, But have the tweaks your having trouble with been updated to work with the 5S (ARM64) ? Maybe they haven't & that's why your getting errors...

EDIT: Just found the list I believe you were refering to.. They are listed as working on A7 devices.. Ignore this ^^^

Last edited:
No worries I'll just give it a day or so. Cydia is moving slow because of all the traffic anyways.

Edit: yep same issue as abbdc1

I installed ikeywi and flipcontrol center and when I go into setting it says "there was an error loading preference bundle". I'm using the 5s. On willerz list it says its compatible.

The developers aid that it was built to work for A7 already. For 64 bit architecture packages, they have to be rebuilt to be compatible with MS 0.9.5000 depending on their mods/targets

Any tweaks successfully let you change the carrier in the status bar on ip5s? I'm thinking it will be a while before springtomize will be released for i0s7.

Last edited:
Successfully updated my 4S without ANY issues following the directions exactly. Some of my preferred tweaks don't work yet, but I'm jailbroken and on my way...

Thanks evad3rs, Saurik and Willerz!

Does anyone know the location of the sound file for the Sent Text Sound using iFile? I deleted it on 5.0.1 but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Rik

Does anyone know the location of the sound file for the Sent Text Sound using iFile? I deleted it on 5.0.1 but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,
Rik
Why not just turn it to NONE in Settings--> Sounds ?

Successfully updated my 4S without ANY issues following the directions exactly. Some of my preferred tweaks don't work yet, but I'm jailbroken and on my way...

Thanks evad3rs, Saurik and Willerz!

Thanks,
Rik

No prob, just spreading the wealth.

It should be root:System/Library/Audio/UISounds/SentMessage.caf

Why not just turn it to NONE in Settings--> Sounds ?

That turns off the received tone. The Sent tone is not changeable by default.

Last edited:
That turns off the received tone. The Sent tone is not changeable by default.
Ah - yes.. I'd forgotten that.. And it begs me bring up a very old mystery I need solved. I have had that outgoing text tone nearly disappear without ever deleting any files in the past.. but when it's barely there so are any of those alert tones and Siri's voice etc.. barely hearable. Though it's not well known, because it's a hard thing to isolate - ever since iOS5 there's been a SEPARATE volume control for certain internal sounds that does NOT get affected by the main volume knobs on the side of the phone - nor is it changeable in the Ringer and Alerts volume setting in Settings-->Sounds.

I've had the situation where the ringer volume is full up and I can't hear Siri or text tones barely at all. Until - in the middle of a Siri talking section - when I can catch it accessing this 'other' volume state, you can hit the volume knob on the side and you'll see a graphic come on the screen of a volume fader WITHOUT the words "Ringer Volume". Since texts alerts (that are also affected separately by the Ringer Volume setting) are so FAST, it's hard to catch them in a changeable state to turn them up. It's like an isolated volume state separate from Ringer & Alert volumes. SO - if you have this "extra volume" set all the way up and Ringer & Alerts set all the way up, that's the max you'll hear alerts and Siri volume. But if you have this "extra volume" set to near zero and Ringer & Alerts sets all the way up - you can barely hear alerts and Siri.

Has anyone else been able to isolate this "other" volume control that doesn't have the words "Ringer volume" under the read out? I'm pretty sure it's still in iOS7 and A7 devices since my text tones, right now are barely hearable and yet my ringer volume is all the way up.

Any thoughts, Willerz?

Last edited:
Ah - yes.. I'd forgotten that.. And it begs me bring up a very old mystery I need solved. I have had that outgoing text tone nearly disappear without ever deleting any files in the past.. but when it's barely there so are any of those alert tones and Siri's voice etc.. barely hearable. Though it's not well known, because it's a hard thing to isolate - ever since iOS5 there's been a SEPARATE volume control for certain internal sounds that does NOT get affected by the main volume knobs on the side of the phone - nor is it changeable in the Ringer and Alerts volume setting in Settings-->Sounds.

I've had the situation where the ringer volume is full up and I can't hear Siri or text tones barely at all. Until - in the middle of a Siri talking section - when I can catch it accessing this 'other' volume state, you can hit the volume knob on the side and you'll see a graphic come on the screen of a volume fader WITHOUT the words "Ringer Volume". Since texts alerts (that are also affected separately by the Ringer Volume setting) are so FAST, it's hard to catch them in a changeable state to turn them up. It's like an isolated volume state separate from Ringer & Alert volumes. SO - if you have this "extra volume" set all the way up and Ringer & Alerts set all the way up, that's the max you'll hear alerts and Siri volume. But if you have this "extra volume" set to near zero and Ringer & Alerts sets all the way up - you can barely hear alerts and Siri.

Has anyone else been able to isolate this "other" volume control that doesn't have the words "Ringer volume" under the read out? I'm pretty sure it's still in iOS7 and A7 devices since my text tones, right now are barely hearable and yet my ringer volume is all the way up.

Any thoughts, Willerz?

I've had similiar issues when certain sounds seem to get mixed in with "Media Volume" rather than "Ringer Volume". GPS apps and a few other things I KNOW work independent of the ringer volume. Perhaps they're mixed in with media all of part of the time?

Willerz- As always, Thanks!!! No more swoosh!! :cool:

Last edited:
So do you just delete that .caf file Willierz talked about?

Yep. It's THAT easy to get rid of that annoying sent text sound once you're jailbroken!

It really sucks that Apple won't even allow something that simple.

One thing I have noticed on my 4S is that respring, reboot and hard reset all take MUCH MUCH longer now than they used to. I supposed it could be from the additional iOS7 bloatware but it took so long the first couple of times that I actually thought I was frozen on the apple logo.

Other than that and a few iOS 7 annoyances, LOVING the jailbreak once again!

One thing I have noticed on my 4S is that respring, reboot and hard reset all take MUCH MUCH longer now than they used to. I supposed it could be from the additional iOS7 bloatware but it took so long the first couple of times that I actually thought I was frozen on the apple logo.

Other than that and a few iOS 7 annoyances, LOVING the jailbreak once again!

Agreed. It's not that much longer for me though. Check to see that you have the latest version of FlipControlCenter (if you're using it) as the older versions have increased boot/respring times.

Agreed. It's not that much longer for me though. Check to see that you have the latest version of FlipControlCenter (if you're using it) as the older versions have increased boot/respring times.

No, not using it. Not even sure what it is really.

Wish they would get Winterboard and Cydia updated though. Cydia wants to constantly relaid unless I cancel it and Winterboard doesn't seem to do anything ATM. I believe they are both Sauriks.