What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

This is true, and I understand totally. My point is that the evasi0n team should never have accepted money in exchange for content that they cannot control. They could have very well been a party to millions of future botnet devices. If they did it this time, what will they be willing to sell themselves out for next time. I feel they've severely damaged their reputation.
This is 100% correct. Evad3rs made a deal here that's tarnishing their name all over the blogosphere and twitterland. Saurik asked for an alternative and was turned down.

Ok so I got my iphone restored after I settled down :) but I had to put it into recovery mode and restore from iTunes. So now I'm on 7.0.4 that was downloaded through iTunes and I set it up as a new phone... So should I be good to attempt a jailbreak again

Ok so I got my iphone restored after I settled down :) but I had to put it into recovery mode and restore from iTunes. So now I'm on 7.0.4 that was downloaded through iTunes and I set it up as a new phone... So should I be good to attempt a jailbreak again
Exactly.

Great reply to the jailbreak community from the http://evasi0n.com/l.html. These guys are great for freeing up your device and they should be rewarded finance. Things I am sure will settle down over the next couple of days. Great work evad0rs. Check out their twitter page for this apology.

IPad three still and probably always will stay on ios5 jailbreak. Only jailbreak I will be looking out for nowadays is the Apple TV 3.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I am new to iphone and like the look of the Jailbreak screenshots, but I thnk I will wait before I venture into jailbreaking

All guys update to IOS 7 by OTA or no remove passcode wii be stucked on APPLE LOGO.
So, you can restart your device by holding both sleep and home button. Then , download the IOS firmwave from 7.0 to 7.0.4 that you are using and restore by Itunes. Finally , Jaibreak your device with Evasion and guidances ^^
Goodluck !

All guys update to IOS 7 by OTA or no remove passcode wii be stucked on APPLE LOGO.
So, you can restart your device by holding both sleep and home button. Then , download the IOS firmwave from 7.0 to 7.0.4 that you are using and restore by Itunes. Finally , Jaibreak your device with Evasion and guidances ^^
Goodluck !

Don't misinform. You can only restore to 7.0.4.

Don't misinform. You can only restore to 7.0.4.
If I OTA 7.0.3 to 7.0.4 (Saying I already did), should I backup, wipe, jailbreak, and then restore from backup? Or can I backup, wipe/restore, jailbreak?

I have a question. I may have misunderstood some of the tweets/articles I read but from what I gathered Saurik will need to make some tweaks to Cydia and evasi0n will have to repackaged the jailbreak with Saurik's updated files. Meaning you will need to download the jailbreak again and re-jailbreak with the updated files, is this correct? I did the jailbreak on my iPhone 4 but have not done it with my iPhone 5 or my iPad 8 wifi only. Thanks!