What's new

evasi0n JB patched on 7.1 beta 3?

ChezDigital

Reaction score
I know it's a partial fix by Apple, bit since I'm running A5 6.1.3, would it make sense to upgrade to 7.0 now while its still being signed?

If you mean 7.0.4 yes. iOS 7.1 will 100% patch a key Evasi0n exploit as shown by 7.1 beta 4. With the release of the official 7.1 firmware on February 1st, it's "do or die" at this stage.

Would it be wise to back up my packages? Probably not since I can't use the 6.x versions on 7, right?

So I should do my typical backup, then upgrade, and then should I save blobs before JB? Is restoring back to 7.0.4 possible when 7.1 is released if need be?

It depends. If you mean by creating a list of installed entities using MobileTerminal, then manually deleting the incompatible tweaks from the text file prior to reinstating the list of packages, then yes. There are no ways of restoring using custom IPSW with iOS 7 blobs. None of the known utilities actually have it working at a 100% rate. You can save your blobs, but more than likely they won't be of any use, even if you're on the last remaining pre-A5 device (iPhone 4)

Great, thanks. I have my tweaks saved in a note, so it won't a big deal to install one by one, since I'll want to test them anyways. Thanks again!