What's new

Error 1013.....please help me...

You dont get the SHSH out of TU, you just run the TSS server and TinyUmbrella modifies your hosts file so that iTunes is directed to your locally stored SHSH instead of checking the SHSH with the iTunes activation servers.

What do you mean Sn0wbreeze wont run on your computer? What kind of computer do you have? I've used it on Windows XP, Vista and 7 with no issues. Make sure you are running it as administrator and try "XP SP2 compatibility mode" if it still wont work.

You dont get the SHSH out of TU, you just run the TSS server and TinyUmbrella modifies your hosts file so that iTunes is directed to your locally stored SHSH instead of checking the SHSH with the iTunes activation servers.

What do you mean Sn0wbreeze wont run on your computer? What kind of computer do you have? I've used it on Windows XP, Vista and 7 with no issues. Make sure you are running it as administrator and try "XP SP2 compatibility mode" if it still wont work.

Ok so I have to go to bed because I have to work in the morning and now I have NO phone...I decided to just load 4.2.10 and was ok to be on stock until whenever but I continue to get error 1013 even when trying to restore 4.2.10... what the heck? i NEED my phone!

Please don't go PM we will love to know how it goes as there are many other with the same issue. So elaborate here.

Well I went to Verizon stock 4.2.10 because I was desperate, it was late and I can't go to work without my phone. I was even getting the 1013 error trying to go to stock 4.2.10 for the first 3 times but then it took. I believe I erased something in the driver cache. Anyhows here I sit at 4.2.10, missing my jailbreak and will wait for the next jailbreak or iOS 5.

Thanks for all your help anyhow.

WOW I'm new to this iOS stuff (came from Android) and I guess kinda lucky because I never got the Error 1013 after my restore.

I was originally jailbroken on 4.2.8 but for some reason after downloading the celeste.app from cydia my bluetooth A2DP profile was not working. Everything else was fine but I wanted to try a "fresh jailbroken" restore of 4.2.8 (like MrsStratyRN) without being forced to go to 4.2.10. Using SnowBreeze v2.7.3 and TinyUmbrella and saved SHSH blobs, I was able to get iTunes to load the fresh jailbroken 4.2.8 without the nagging error 1013. Now the phone and A2DP Bluetooth works perfectly like it should!

I googled the "error 1013 restoring iphone 4" and found a lot of youtube videos explaining how to bypass it. It has to do with editing a hosts file in your computer. Also info on different websites.... and in our forum here
(since I'm a newbie iPhone Forum wont let me post links until I reach 3 posts)

MrsStratyRN, I hope this helps and hope you give it another shot because, as you all know, it's a world of difference with a jailbroken iPhone!