What's new

Error 1013.....please help me...

MrsStratyRN

Reaction score
I was trying to save my jailbreak without having to upgrade to 4.2.10 and I needed to rejailbreak as my phone was bugging out. I have TU open and running in he background and opened up itunes and selected my firmware that is saved on my computer...4.2.8 BUT now I am running into error 1013!!!! What is this?

Thanks,

MrsStratyRN

Have you modified the host file?

Nope, dont think so, what is that and how do I do that? Everytime i think the restore takes, gets to almost the end then I get the error 1013.

Nope, dont think so, what is that and how do I do that? Everytime i think the restore takes, gets to almost the end then I get the error 1013.

Ah I see, it's not even a matter of host file. It's just a matter that iTunes doesn't want to sign your firmware. Some on the forum claim that you can by pass that error whereas I claim that it's not possible to bypass that error. I'm might be the one with less experience so I will let other member with experiences find your thread and help you by pass that error. But is your phone returning to recovery mode after you see that error message?

Ah I see, it's not even a matter of host file. It's just a matter that iTunes doesn't want to sign your firmware. Some on the forum claim that you can by pass that error whereas I claim that it's not possible to bypass that error. I'm might be the one with less experience so I will let other member with experiences find your thread and help you by pass that error. But is your phone returning to recovery mode after you see that error message?

Yes, my iphone is now in recovery mode and i have to work in the morning...so not cool..

Do you have your 4.2.8 SHSH saved? If so you can downgrade back to 4.2.8 but if you don't I'm afraid you're stuck and you'll just have to restore 4.2.10 and wait for iOS5 to be jailbroken.

Yes, my iphone is now in recovery mode and i have to work in the morning...so not cool..

Ok then AFAIK you will not be able to pass that error message or get out from recovery mode. Some suggest to go ahead and use redsnow to jailbreak even with the phone in recovery mode. I have never tried that though and I've never hear or read anything saying that that process was successful. I have no clue if that process will damage your phone or not. If you want to try it, try it at your own risks, or wait for other members claiming to know how to downgrade to come and help you through downgrading your iOS. It's better to wait for them IMO or if you need your phone for your work, factory restore it to stock iOS, restore your backup files and you can use your phone. After work you can log in the forum and read if any reply and redo the downgrade.

Do you have your 4.2.8 SHSH saved? If so you can downgrade back to 4.2.8 but if you don't I'm afraid you're stuck and you'll just have to restore 4.2.10 and wait for iOS5 to be jailbroken.

yes I have the shsh saved in TU, well atleast TU says I have 4 shsh saved..says 4.2.6, 4.2.8, 4.2.9, 4.2.10. But im not understanding how I have 4.2.10 saved when I have NEVER ran 4.2.10 on my phone yet....but I think I may have to now...so sad.

No you dont, as long as you have your 4.2.8 SHSH you can downgrade that's all that matters. The reason that you have your 4.2.10 SHSH saved is because Cydia automatically saves any currently signed firmware regardless of if you are actually on that firmware or not. Using your ECID, it can save an SHSH for a newer firmware even if you haven't installed it.

The first thing you need to do is create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3(if you're on Windows) or using Pwnage Tool 4.2(if you're on Mac).

The Pwnage Tool method is a bit more difficult since PT 4.2 doesn't officially support 4.2.8.

Let me know which you will be using and we can go from there.

No you dont, as long as you have your 4.2.8 SHSH you can downgrade that's all that matters. The reason that you have your 4.2.10 SHSH saved is because Cydia automatically saves any currently signed firmware regardless of if you are actually on that firmware or not. Using your ECID, it can save an SHSH for a newer firmware even if you haven't installed it.

The first thing you need to do is create a custom 4.2.8 firmware with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3(if you're on Windows) or using Pwnage Tool 4.2(if you're on Mac).

The Pwnage Tool method is a bit more difficult since PT 4.2 doesn't officially support 4.2.8.

Im on Win XP How do I get Snowbreeze?

snowbreeze is downloading now...check!

snowbreeze is downloading now...check!

How do I get my SHSH out of TU? I only c it in TU

well that sucks.... snowbreeze wont open up on my computer...grrr

You will see TSS server in tinyumbrella, click on it and it will connect to saurik server.

You will see TSS server in tinyumbrella, click on it and it will connect to saurik server.

Yup I click on it and it just RUNS and I dont c anything else. 4.2.10 is lookg good right about now...lol