What's new

Email

FunkatronJive

Reaction score
Hey everyone... i am formerly a Blackberry user so this is sooooo different to me... I just added my hotmail email account to my phone... all of my inbox messages came in.... when I am on my cell i dont like to have all those emails in there.. just the important ones..... on the blackberry there was an option to just delete from handheld...

When I delete emails off my iPhone are they being deleted from my email? I dont want to try it until an email comes through that I dont want... which hasnt happened yet...

Is there a limit to how many email accounts I can add?

And theres another one.

Yeah. If you delete the mail from your phone, it gets deleted from your actual account. Besides that im sure youre gunna love your new phone

Go into SETTINGS > MAIL, CONTACTS.. > ACCOUNTS and tap on your "account name", scroll down to ADVANCED and tap, then, tap on DELETE FROM SERVER and select NEVER. You may now delete mail on your iPhone and they will stay on your Mail Server. So, to permanently delete mail, you must do it on the server .

Go into SETTINGS > MAIL, CONTACTS.. > ACCOUNTS and tap on your "account name", scroll down to ADVANCED and tap, then, tap on DELETE FROM SERVER and select NEVER. You may now delete mail on your iPhone and they will stay on your Mail Server. So, to permanently delete mail, you must do it on the server .

Wow. Ive been with iphones since the 3g and i never knew that. Learn somethin new every day

Mines never deleted them from hotmail servers. I didnt know about this setting until recently. Had the iPhone since the 3G also...

Thanks so much!
Now I have read up about setting up hotmail using "other" and then Microsoft exchange.

I have mine set up throught "other" and my emails dont automatically come in... I have to set it for every 15min, 30 min, 1 hour etc.... if I could through Microsoft exchange will they come through automatically and can I still set it up never delete from server?

From the same screen you set the interval 15min..., tap the PUSH button at the top of the page, keeping in mind that battery life will be shortened as every time a new e-mail comes in it will update from the server. Exchange doesn't appear to able to set the "Never Delete From Server" rule, at least for gmail. Yahoo mail set up from the Yahoo icom, doesn't either, but it was working under Other, Bummer. :( I'm going to try to set up Yahoo under Other again and see if it still works

Thanks so much!
Now I have read up about setting up hotmail using "other" and then Microsoft exchange.

I have mine set up throught "other" and my emails dont automatically come in... I have to set it for every 15min, 30 min, 1 hour etc.... if I could through Microsoft exchange will they come through automatically and can I still set it up never delete from server?

Nope. If you set the email account up as an Exchange server, you do not have the option to change when the message is deleted from the server. Once you delete the message on your iPhone, it will also be deleted from the server.

So it looks like you can have push email or control when the message is removed from the server, but not both.

Still on 3G, and having the same issue, but there is no advanced settings. It seems like that is what is happening email is being deleted from server.
Any suggestions?