What's new

email not sending

XrayTed

Reaction score
Never had a problem with the 4s, 6 apparently email is not sending. Receives fine, when I try to send a pic it goes through all the motions but it never makes that wooshing sound and the pic is not received.
Since it is receiving my settings must be correct, any ideas ?

It depends. What kind of email account do you have? If it's a POP or IMAP there are sometimes different settings for incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers and ports. Part of these settings can be accessed through the Advanced section. Also, some servers require the entire email address and password for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with the 4s, 6 apparently email is not sending. Receives fine, when I try to send a pic it goes through all the motions but it never makes that wooshing sound and the pic is not received.
Since it is receiving my settings must be correct, any ideas ?

Contact your email provider and get their setting for the SMTP server. Then double check your SMTP entries and make sure they are the same. Have you ever been able to send an email?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

comcast POP3, have been successfully sending and receiving for months with the 4s, settings were cloned from that.
Now it receives but will not send, seems locked in a loop every time I shut it down and open it back up in keeps resending but it doesn't go through.
What smtp entries are there ? I have email on my computer with the same settings I could check that

When I moved from my 5s to my current 6, I made sure to take a pic of the settings on my 5s. It was such a PIA process to get the settings correct for my Windstream POP3. When you do initially set up your email on your new phone, you should see it "Verify" and then green check marks appear beside each setting.

You should be able to Google Comcast settings. Or find someone that you know has an iPhone and Comcast and copy theirs.

I still got my 4s, should be able to compare settings

Ok I compared, settings identical except in the 6 smtp.comcast.net is listed as primary server as it should be, but then listed under "other smtp servers" as well, not that way on the 4s. Not sure at all if this could be the problem and doesn't appear to be a way to delete it.
Offhand I wouldn't think the duplicate would be a factor, as the other servers are just alternates in case the primary fails.
Also have sent and received mail using the same email with computers/other devices, no problems.
Looks like I may have to call comcast and/or sprint.