What's new

eBay app gone AWOL!

auntyj

Reaction score
Help please?! This app has just disappeared from my iPhone 4 - definitely not there, I've scoured it searching and so have a couple of my friends (just to be sure I'm not staring at it without seeing it). I hadn't used it in the few days prior, did nothing weird to the app or my phone.
Trouble is, the App Store thinks it's still there - when I search for it, rather than saying "install" it says "open" - as it does with any app you already have installed. But when I hit "open", nothing happens.
I'm stuck - can't delete it & reinstall it cos it's not there to delete!
Tried installing it on my iPad (yes, the iPhone version, not the iPad one) in the hopes it'd sync across, but that hasn't worked.
Any suggestions? I USE this app a lot! Am also posting in the eBay app forum help as well. Any help very much appreciated!

No, my restrictions are off. Thanks for trying to help though.

Please go to Setting-> General -> Usage. It will list at the top the 10 largest in memory applications. Select Show All Apps at the bottom of that list. Scroll and try to find the Ebay app. It should be around 33 MB in size. If you find it there, click on it and then select Delete App. Then try to reinstall it from the App Store.

If that doesn't work. Then you will need to hook your iPhone up to iTunes and manipulate the app list thru that interface. Can't give instructions on that off the top off my head but I can once I am at home.

Oh my God, thank you so much, this worked!! I was able to delete it and have reinstalled, and it's working (and visible)! Thanks again :D

Last edited:
No problem. As an Apple Developer I sometimes have to use that trick when testing a new app.