What's new

Apps won't install

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
Recently any apps I try to install won't. The process seems to be normal in all regards except after I enter my password nothing happens. It doesn't matter if the app is free or not. If I look up an app I recently tried to buy the button that normally says "install" will say "installed". Yet the icon for said app is no where to be found. Does anybody have any ideas.
I'm using iPhone4 iOS 4.3.1 JB.

Sync phone in I tunes try to download app from there. Mine wouldn't let the app download after I did that it began working ok.

Have you tried all the usual stuff?

Full power down for at least a minute.

Making sure you are in a good reception area when downloading.

Sometimes tapping the icon (if it is showing) restarts the download as it may have paused.

As a last resort backup you iOS device and do a fresh install of the latest OS, then restore it.

I do this last step as a matter of course every couple of months as it free up the clog that can get into 'other' data, and gives it a slightly nippier feel.

Yep, yep, and yep to all suggestions except the updating to the latest os. I'm on jailbroken 4.3.1 and waiting for an untethered jailbreak of ios5. Still not cooperating.

I should clarify. I tried the search and found nothing.

Well I broke down and updated to 5.0.1. I missed the boat on 5.0. And voila there they are the missing apps. Hmph go figure. I've since done the JB thing with Redsnow, and the Semitethered thing from Cydia. All is good in the world.

Cheers