What's new

Droid Convert

fibermick

Reaction score
Hope no one from the Droid forums is reading this. I switched to the iphone just as soon as it came to Verizon. All my Droids (original, Incredible and X) taught me a lot about smart phones (came to them from a Palm Centro) but they were a place holder until I could get an iphone. I was standing in line at 5:30 in the morning, freezing, along with a few other fanatics. We all left happy. I'm a 75 year old Grandma who's grandkids think I'm cool because I even know what a smart phone is. (Though they do laugh at the gaps in my knowledge).

Welcome!

How was the demmand in your area? I had pre-ordered on the 3rd, but i swung by the Verizon store on the 10th, and there wasn't really too big of a crowd... they had plenty left at 3pm.

Hope no one from the Droid forums is reading this. I switched to the iphone just as soon as it came to Verizon. All my Droids (original, Incredible and X) taught me a lot about smart phones (came to them from a Palm Centro) but they were a place holder until I could get an iphone. I was standing in line at 5:30 in the morning, freezing, along with a few other fanatics. We all left happy. I'm a 75 year old Grandma who's grandkids think I'm cool because I even know what a smart phone is. (Though they do laugh at the gaps in my knowledge).

You are the coolest grandma in the world!

I'm a Droid convert ad well. I've been waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon for 4 years, and at last!

Aside from the lack of customization on the iPhone, I'm very pleased with it.

Yup, no one from the Droid Forums will see you. Except that I am a supermod on DF and admin on the Incredible Forum. :D

Think you'll love the phone. Mary's has been great. I'm running MIUI on my Incredible so I can keep one finger in the Droid world and one in the Apple world. MIUI helps a lot with that.

I'm a Droid convert ad well. I've been waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon for 4 years, and at last!

When you get used to it, jailbreak it. Then you can do some serious customizing.

When you get used to it, jailbreak it. Then you can do some serious customizing.

I just jb it right away and just get used to that haha

How hard is it to jailbreak the iPhone? I was unable to root my motorola Droid 1, even after 3 different attempts.

Welcome!

How was the demmand in your area? I had pre-ordered on the 3rd, but i swung by the Verizon store on the 10th, and there wasn't really too big of a crowd... they had plenty left at 3pm.

Line where I live was more than reports I read. I think at 7 there were about 30 people. And I laugh when I see droid owners laughing at the fact lines were short, I've never seen anyone stand in line for any droid phone, let alone one that's been out for 6 months lol

I'm a 75 year old Grandma who's grandkids think I'm cool because I even know what a smart phone is. (Though they do laugh at the gaps in my knowledge).

This is the coolest posting I've read all day!!! Live long and prosper...