What's new

Download "Horn" Ringtone

text messages are in another folder i dont remember what one.. but they are in .caf format i believe also

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

sms-received1.caf = Tri-tone
sms-received2.caf = Chime
sms-received3.caf = Glass
sms-received4.caf = Horn
sms-received5.caf = Bell
sms-received6.caf = Electronic

https://rapidshare.com/files/1298441580/sms-received4.caf

there is the horn sms tone but the question is how can he add sms tones with out jailbreaking and using SSH??..

ringtones sure but you cant with sms tones

Last edited:
Ok, i've navigated to that folder as well and i couldn't find horn. Great you at the same time post the file link here so who need it just click on the link and download it. Well done.

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

sms-received1.caf = Tri-tone
sms-received2.caf = Chime
sms-received3.caf = Glass
sms-received4.caf = Horn
sms-received5.caf = Bell
sms-received6.caf = Electronic

https://rapidshare.com/files/1298441580/sms-received4.caf

there is the horn sms tone but the question is how can he add sms tones with out jailbreaking and using SSH??..

ringtones sure but you cant with sms tones

Ahh yes, that's a good question, but i think that he understood it and maybe his phone is jailbreaked already.

i dont know if he will jailbreak just to have that sms tone... the 3gs i believe he says he has wont even get the 5.0 update.. but i hope in that firmware we will at least see the ability to have custom sms tones. this is a very basic function of even 20 year old phones.

i dont know if he will jailbreak just to have that sms tone... the 3gs i believe he says he has wont even get the 5.0 update.. but i hope in that firmware we will at least see the ability to have custom sms tones. this is a very basic function of even 20 year old phones.

Ahah i don't think apple will allow that in the 5.0. Steve have to move out first then.

i dont know if it will be a feature in 5.0 but im hoping so..

i downloaded the ICQ "uh oh" from cydia lol

Thanks a stack Unleashed and bab2010. It is exactly what I need. My iPhone 3 is JB, but my friends iPhone 4 wasn't. All I needed was someone to help in finding the actual file. You have now helped - sms-received4.caf = Horn and added the down load so thanks a stack.

I didn't realise that text tones had a different extension to ringtones so that would have helped me find it earlier - oh well, live and learn...

Thanks a stack Unleashed and bab2010. It is exactly what I need. My iPhone 3 is JB, but my friends iPhone 4 wasn't. All I needed was someone to help in finding the actual file. You have now helped - sms-received4.caf = Horn and added the down load so thanks a stack.

I didn't realise that text tones had a different extension to ringtones so that would have helped me find it earlier - oh well, live and learn...

So i you couldn't load it to your device?

ah no worries glad you got the sms tone you wanted....

yeah .caf and .m4r for the ringtones apple make it more hassle then you would hope... instead of on some devices where you can just select any mp3 and use it as a ringtone or sms tone