What's new

Downgrading Error.

hole896

Reaction score
I am trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 CMDA Verizion iPhone to jailbreak it. One of two things, when I go to Felix Bruns and download the iPhone 4 CMDA it downloads as iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore but IDK if that is what the problem is. When I try to restore I get an error that says "The iPhone "Andrew's iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194)"

Any ideas?

This has not been jailbroken before, so I have so SHH blobs...

You don't have iOS 6.0 SHSH blobs for your particular iPhone 4, so you won't be able to downgrade. Without blobs, you can't downgrade or selectively restore

But on my iPod 2g I was able to downgrade from 4.2.1 to an earlier version, without any trouble...so do I just have to wait for a 6.1.3 jailbreak? And how long could that be?

Most likely that version was iOS 4.1. That's the only iOS that's being signed despite the latest version being iOS 6 right now. RedSn0w can tether jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 on pre-A5 devices.

If I teather jailbreak my A4...I think iPhone 4, not 4s is A4, will I be able to unteather it somehow?

Oh wait...pre A5? What the iPhone is a A8

So how long till there will be a jailbreak for 6.1.3?

Well if I use iFaith and create a signed ispw and somehow trick itunes to thinking that it is verifying it with Apple's server. would it work?

Well if I use iFaith and create a signed ispw and somehow trick itunes to thinking that it is verifying it with Apple's server. would it work?

No, it wouldn't, you can't fake the connection to the Apple servers.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
There's no bypassing the mandate of blobs. There are no hacks, chests, bypass, workaround, backdoor etc that you can use. SHSH blobs are mandatory for downgrading.

And you're referring to the ARM Cortex A8, which is different from the A5 chip reference.