What's new

iphone 3gs jailbroke need help

arlenesboyfriend

Reaction score
a friend of mine has this iphone 3gs its running 4.2.1 ios and I went to felix bruns to download 5.1.1. update for him ok well during restore with itunes I get error 3194 well after research thats a jailbreak issue ok my question is can I download the 6.0.1 ios install it tjan downgrade to 5.1.1.
the iPhone is running on straight talk if that helps

I know my fair share about iphones and androids but this just has me stumped

3194 is a host block. You need to delete or sub out all apple related IPs in your host file and delete the host.umbrella file as well if applicable. Then flush your cache, then retry.

As for downgrading, that's only if you have the SHSH blobs for them. Te only way to get the iOS 5.X blobs now are if they're saved on Cydia's servers, which requires you to run Cydia during the time that any iOS 5.X were being signed. You can check this by opening up Cydia on your 3GS of its jailbroken, and on the top fathead the main page there should be "iOS:" and some iOS after it. The ones that are present there are the iOS you can downgrade to. Or you can use TinyUmbrella on your computer, plug your 3GS in and click save SHSH and see what comes up in the generals tab.

But, of your 3GS is an old bootrom you can get an untethered jailbreak if that's what you're looking for. You can check to see if your 3GS is old or new bootrom based on the 2 leading character of the model, which is either MB or MC. B is the old and C is the new

3194 is a host block. You need to delete or sub out all apple related IPs in your host file and delete the host.umbrella file as well if applicable. Then flush your cache, then retry.

As for downgrading, that's only if you have the SHSH blobs for them. Te only way to get the iOS 5.X blobs now are if they're saved on Cydia's servers, which requires you to run Cydia during the time that any iOS 5.X were being signed. You can check this by opening up Cydia on your 3GS of its jailbroken, and on the top fathead the main page there should be "iOS:" and some iOS after it. The ones that are present there are the iOS you can downgrade to. Or you can use TinyUmbrella on your computer, plug your 3GS in and click save SHSH and see what comes up in the generals tab.

But, of your 3GS is an old bootrom you can get an untethered jailbreak if that's what you're looking for. You can check to see if your 3GS is old or new bootrom based on the 2 leading character of the model, which is either MB or MC. B is the old and C is the new

A bit of a simplistic view..? deciding whether you have OLD or NEW bootrom device is something you don't want to get wrong... you can use iDetector v1.0.1 tool to identify your 3GS or How to Check iPhone 3GS New Bootrom / Old Bootrom (iBoot) Version | Redmond Pie