What's new

Downgrade Help? How to do?

Mastermrz

Reaction score
Okay, so my friend has a iPod Touch 2G MC Model and he also has the Version 4.1 on his iPod Touch 2G MC Model. We want to downgrade it to 4.0 so we can jailbreak it with JailbreakMe.com (We tried using GreenPois0n to jailbreak it with 4.1, it failed)

The thing is he has never jailbroke his iPod Touch 2G MC Model and he didnt ever save his SHSH Blobs, anyone know a working guide on how to downgrade it?

But what about the guides i see online? they seem to work by what people are commenting.

Also, maybe i downgrade my iPod Touch 2G? Its an MB model and then i can save my SHSH blobs then transfer it to him, would that help?

You can only downgrade to a firmware that you have SHSH blobs saved for. Blobs are unique to every device so using someone elses won't work...

The title of that post is "4.0.2 to 4.0.1 downgrade possibility".

You and your friend are both on 4.1...

Okay, so my friend has a iPod Touch 2G MC Model and he also has the Version 4.1 on his iPod Touch 2G MC Model. We want to downgrade it to 4.0 so we can jailbreak it with JailbreakMe.com (We tried using GreenPois0n to jailbreak it with 4.1, it failed)

The thing is he has never jailbroke his iPod Touch 2G MC Model and he didnt ever save his SHSH Blobs, anyone know a working guide on how to downgrade it?

have you tried with limera1n?