What's new

Dont settle for cheap plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all goes to preferences. I was a devout iphone user up until 6 months ago. I switched over to a HTC inspire 4G. It was given to me and it fit perfect because I got to go prepaid and end my contract with Verizon. Seeing the debacle with Apple I can honestly say that I hate Apple for trying to wipe out the competition. I have a sg3 now and it doesn't feel like cheap plastic its just feels loosened from the gorilla glass impressions of your palm. I can also say that with the release of the iphone 5 I know some of you are disappointed with the announcement. You don't have to lie to me. Let me add this. I believe that all cell phone makers should just create the best and let society choose and Not these multi million dollar companies that you are rooting for. And one last thing that I will like to say is iOs is just plain boring to me now. Long live technology

Sent from my SGH-T999 using iPhone Forums

For anyone who says that Android is falling and your iPhone is better, you've never owned a quality Android Phone. Look at the Razr Maxx. You've got Webtop, NFC, HDMI Out, Bluetooth Streaming, 4G LTE, and much more! On top of that, I can go 3 days without charging my phone.

All in all, they're pretty equal.

I agree that they are pretty equal. I have owned multiple android phones (HTC Droid, Droid 1, Samsung Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, just the ones I can remember off the top of my head) and I just felt that they were a little more unstable then iOS. I finally had the Droid 1 running pretty good when I decided to start messing with roms, but I feel that I should not have to be flashing a rom every few days to get my phone to be stable. At one point this was very fun, but now I just do not have the time for it anymore. That is why I stick with the iPhone now.

I will not criticize anyone that has an android based phone unless they are a totally uneducated about the phone that they have. I have been looking at the Razr's on ebay because I understand with switching to sim cards in the new iPhone it is quite a bit easier to switch back and forth and they seem like a really quality phone. I would really like to give android another chance to run as stable as iOS has for me because it is a fairly nice OS. I really like having widgets and there play store seems to have way more free apps then apple does.

Also very glad that android seems to have gotten most of their battery issues worked out. I know in all the phones that I had the battery was garbage and would not even last me a full day. I know that my 19 month old iPhone 4 still last me a full day+. I now charge it every night because it is getting around 15-30%, but at first I would go atleast 2-3 days before I would charge it.

Last edited:
Jealousy can make companies do silly things :)

I can't even go a full day with my Galaxy S3 unless I hardly look at the phone at all. 30 minutes of web use and the phone is shot.

It all goes to preferences. I was a devout iphone user up until 6 months ago. I switched over to a HTC inspire 4G. It was given to me and it fit perfect because I got to go prepaid and end my contract with Verizon. Seeing the debacle with Apple I can honestly say that I hate Apple for trying to wipe out the competition. I have a sg3 now and it doesn't feel like cheap plastic its just feels loosened from the gorilla glass impressions of your palm. I can also say that with the release of the iphone 5 I know some of you are disappointed with the announcement. You don't have to lie to me. Let me add this. I believe that all cell phone makers should just create the best and let society choose and Not these multi million dollar companies that you are rooting for. And one last thing that I will like to say is iOs is just plain boring to me now. Long live technology

You do make some good points. I agree that Apple does seem overly litigious and I do dislike them for that. Perhaps they are running scared from the new breed of smartphone out there, perhaps not.

My SGS3 DOES feel like cheap plastic to me, compared to pretty much every other phone I have had in the past. The iPhone 4 I had felt premium.

But I am not basing my purchase purely on aesthetics; there are a large number of differences between the SGS3, some I will miss, some I will not.

Widgets, I love them. I will miss them like crazy when I swap to an iPhone. The mutability of Android is, again, something I will miss. Apps like Tasker really enhance the usefulness of the OS by allowing you to automate some processes, if it works of course.

I have only used the picture-in-picture video once and that was to demonstrate it to a friend. Smart Stay I love, but it rarely works, so it's useless. NFC? Never used it. not many places in the UK have it. It's a gimmick. One that might come into the fore in the near future sure, but it's still a gimmick now. Direct call? Great, but I don't use the stock phone, I use an app, so it doesn't work. I don't care. I've never used S-Beam either.

The only feature I use regularly is the palm swipe to capture a screenie. I'm fairly sure I can live without that. Many of the features that were used to tout how good the SGS3 is over and above the competition are, for the moment, just gimmicks or functions that don't feature in my life right now, so i'm sure I can handle having a phone that doesn't have these features I don't use.

I'm not disappointed with the iPhone 5 at all. I was very disappointed with the iPhone 4S when that came out and chose not to upgrade my iPhone 4. I think the 5 is more than enough of an upgrade for me. I'm not saying that there are some features I would have loved to have seen, like the ability to add widgets to your home screen perhaps, but overall I am delighted with what Apple have produced and I put my order in for an unlocked phone the moment they became available.

I do agree with you that iOS is certainly more boring than Android. With my Android phone, it is rollercaoster ride of discovery trying to work out if the app I am about to buy will actually work on my phone at all!

In my point of view, I don't see much things change in iphone 5. So, it better for me to use my old Iphone 4s.

$wooden-iphone5-cases.jpg

look at this, it still be very cute right? :). You may use the same way that Apple did. just give your Iphone 4 a new look by dressing it up with a custom made iPhone hardwood case, and then you may said that..there is my iphone 5. LOL!

I can't even go a full day with my Galaxy S3 unless I hardly look at the phone at all. 30 minutes of web use and the phone is shot.

Your phone is obviously broken and needs to be repaired. The S III is easily capable of 5 hours of web browsing.

Sent from my HTC One S

Your phone is obviously broken and needs to be repaired. The S III is easily capable of 5 hours of web browsing.

Sent from my HTC One S

That's exactly what I thought, so I took it back to the shop. They had it tested, said there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, gave it back to me and sent me on my way.

That's exactly what I thought, so I took it back to the shop. They had it tested, said there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, gave it back to me and sent me on my way.

They lied to you. Every single review of the S III states it has great battery life. I have the international S III on my desk, it easily lasts 5 hours web browsing. Samsung hasn't ever released a phone that only lasts 30 minutes. To believe that this S III is only capable of lasting 30 minutes it ignorant.

Sent from my HTC One S

There sure is a lot of apple hate here on an iPhone forum.

There is no "perfect" phone. Different people like different things. It's all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Saying one is better than the other is ignorant. Androids have their pluses and minuses just like iPhones have their pluses and minuses.

I prefer iPhones. Mostly because of how the phone physically looks, the UI is gorgeous, and app quality is superior to android IMO. Some people may disagree about this and that is fine because I like what I like. They like what they like.

I hate how I see arguments on every forum I'm on about iPhone vs Android. Everyone tries to prove their phone is better. Android people call iPhone people sheep. Blah blah blah. Just have some respect. Blatant disregard for people's personal preferences is so irritating and childish.

There sure is a lot of apple hate here on an iPhone forum.

There is no "perfect" phone. Different people like different things. It's all PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Saying one is better than the other is ignorant. Androids have their pluses and minuses just like iPhones have their pluses and minuses.

I prefer iPhones. Mostly because of how the phone physically looks, the UI is gorgeous, and app quality is superior to android IMO. Some people may disagree about this and that is fine because I like what I like. They like what they like.

I hate how I see arguments on every forum I'm on about iPhone vs Android. Everyone tries to prove their phone is better. Android people call iPhone people sheep. Blah blah blah. Just have some respect. Blatant disregard for people's personal preferences is so irritating and childish.

Most of the posts in this thread state that both a re good options. Not sure which thread you've been reading?

Sent from my HTC One S

You do make some good points. I agree that Apple does seem overly litigious and I do dislike them for that. Perhaps they are running scared from the new breed of smartphone out there, perhaps not.

My SGS3 DOES feel like cheap plastic to me, compared to pretty much every other phone I have had in the past. The iPhone 4 I had felt premium.

But I am not basing my purchase purely on aesthetics; there are a large number of differences between the SGS3, some I will miss, some I will not.

Widgets, I love them. I will miss them like crazy when I swap to an iPhone. The mutability of Android is, again, something I will miss. Apps like Tasker really enhance the usefulness of the OS by allowing you to automate some processes, if it works of course.

I have only used the picture-in-picture video once and that was to demonstrate it to a friend. Smart Stay I love, but it rarely works, so it's useless. NFC? Never used it. not many places in the UK have it. It's a gimmick. One that might come into the fore in the near future sure, but it's still a gimmick now. Direct call? Great, but I don't use the stock phone, I use an app, so it doesn't work. I don't care. I've never used S-Beam either.

The only feature I use regularly is the palm swipe to capture a screenie. I'm fairly sure I can live without that. Many of the features that were used to tout how good the SGS3 is over and above the competition are, for the moment, just gimmicks or functions that don't feature in my life right now, so i'm sure I can handle having a phone that doesn't have these features I don't use.

I'm not disappointed with the iPhone 5 at all. I was very disappointed with the iPhone 4S when that came out and chose not to upgrade my iPhone 4. I think the 5 is more than enough of an upgrade for me. I'm not saying that there are some features I would have loved to have seen, like the ability to add widgets to your home screen perhaps, but overall I am delighted with what Apple have produced and I put my order in for an unlocked phone the moment they became available.

I do agree with you that iOS is certainly more boring than Android. With my Android phone, it is rollercaoster ride of discovery trying to work out if the app I am about to buy will actually work on my phone at all!

Awesome...someone else who isn't blinded by all the gimmicks..and knows about the phones problems.

For the record...I had 3 of the G3's...1 blue...2 red one's to be exact..and I personally know over 12 people who have the same phone...Of these 12 people..8 all have issues with battery drain...and no..it has absolutely nothing to do with user error or not knowing how to properly charge and optomise any android device.Many of these phones including both models us and those in Europe...have some real serious issues...and some folks are refusing to understand just because they haven't noticed anything wrong with theirs.. Funny thing is...my ATT stores manager knows all about the battery issues..and had no problem getting me a new 32gig 4s after going through 3 of them..so...while many don't know about their issues...don't bury your head in the sand and say they don't exist...go to some of the android forums like xda and read about all of their inherent issues...

Ya know...the one thing that irks me more than anything else with android fans ( believe me...I know since I was one of the )...those of any kind btw since there are several types... is just how many of them have instant denial there might actually be something wrong with their precious phones in general...regardless of what anyone else says..or wither they can actually prove their points and it has always been this way since the very first Galaxzy phone hit the market...Lord knows this...and I've been on many anroid forums discussing these issues for several years...I know this ...I've had all 3 of them..from the Captivate which I currently still own that has more custom roms on it than any phone I have ever owned...(my wife still is using hers after I rooted it oc'd it and has Dark Fire running on it )...the G2...and 3 of the new G3's...and it is SSDD...same old story different day with the failure or reluctance to understand or even believe for those that are using them and like them...that others have real issues with them...that is what irks me.. that and none of them fully understand that all of them are in the same boat...that all of them are the beta testers for Samsung..It is how Samsung operates...To them...they so easily turn a blind eye to what the manufacturer is doing...and yet slam Apple for what they do in court...

Now...can the G3 be a great phone...absolutly...watching my movies on it was very nice...but..1 thing it will never be..is as seemless as what my 4s is with IOS is..how smooth it works out of the box opening closing apps doing everything quickly..without hiccups...without lagging..without freezing...Sure...I know it was bad phones...but 3 of them...3 different lots...sorry...that is BS..

.Now...about all of the other goodies you get with them...NFC...not enough NFC devices around my parts to use it..plus most of all the rest of the stuff they have pre-loaded on it really isn't usefull to me at all...The hardest part to give up on them was their screen size...It is what made the phone awesome...but...it is also what kills the battery along with their hardware problems...Do they feel cheaply made...yes they do...but only when outside of my Otterbox ...fwiw... that point is moot since I always have mine protected as best I can..regardless of the make and I know many don't even bother and just shove them naked in their pockets...(shudder)

For me...I too look at out of the box experiances...and I can say even learning how to use the iphone is way easier than most Androids..Sure...IOS may indeed be boring to some..with me coming from fully tricked out Galaxzies...it's easy to say this and understand...but...compare most normal Androids as they come from the major carriers...excluding a developers phone...which is exactly what the Nexus series is all about..and you will find locked bootloaders...where what you have is minimal control of changing anything worth while..bloatware you are unable to install..and changes that are carrier specific to each g3 out there...so...which is better is always going to be a personal choice of what BS your willing to deal with..

Stock androids will always be second rate till they get the carriers out of the picture..and this is not just my opinion of it...many others know this to be true...but..that is a hard thing for android lovers to swallow...and accept...They love to point out just how fantastic they are when running a pure version of ICS or Jelly Beans or what ever flavour is out at the moment...but the truth of the matter is the vast majority of folks will never have the choice..or know how to do this..since they all buy from the major carriers..and spend the least amount of money in the process...they won't be buying any phone off contract..or a Nexus..and the bitter truth of all of this...leaving out everyones personally fellings about both major companies in all of the lawsuits... is why they sell more androids than Iphones...cost...and cost alone...not what OS it's running...not what screen size it has..not who makes it...but how much do they have to spend...

At the end of the day...if you are happy with what you bought...and it does everything you want with out issues...then enjoy it...I look forward to getting a new 5...or even a new 6 when they come out..
Mac

I saw funny iPhone 5 stickers that you can stick on iPhone 4, so that nobody gets the difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.