Not open for further replies.

tfalsetta

Reaction score
Don't settle for cheap plastic

Attachments

• $image-3296938409.jpg
    $image-3296938409.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 597
Ha! That's funny. You'd think Samsung would show SOME pride of craftsmanship instead of the cheap feeling plastic phones. If I was gonna go with a non-iPhone type it would be the HTC One X. that's the first non Apple phone I would be proud to own.

Have either of you actually held a Galaxy S III? It has an undeniably plastic feel, but it is in no way "cheap feeling".

I have a Galaxy S II, HTC One S, One X, and a Galaxy Nexus to compare it to. It doesn't feel bad, but I do prefer metal or at least poly carbonate(One X).

If you buy a phone solely on whether it's made of metal and glass get the iPhone. I think it's quite foolish to buy a phone based solely on the build materials. That's honestly the only place the iPhone beats the S III. You're gloating over this chart like it proves the iPhone is superior. Read more than the large letters at the top.

Last edited:
I have not owned an s3 but went in to seriously consider it as an upgrade to my iPhone 4 a couple months back. However holding it in my hands I immediately felt as if it was much flimsier than the iPhone. It could be that the demo unit was just beaten up a bit but I've been beating up my iPhone for almost two years now and it still feels as solid as the day I got it.

Feature wise the iPhone still has more features that I actually use over the android phones. Things like FaceTime, AirPlay mirroring, etc. it's not like android has no apps that do something similar it's just that the apple ones just work much better and more consistently.

I am sure that android will rule in the future but I think the iPhone still has a generation where it cannot be touched for the majority of users in terms of use ability and just simply the way it works. After I'm done with the iPhone5 I'll once again evaluate android and I really hope it's more competitive.

Mr.Mischief said:
Have either of you actually held a Galaxy S III? It has an undeniably plastic feel, but it is in no way "cheap feeling".

I have a Galaxy S II, HTC One S, One X, and a Galaxy Nexus to compare it to. It doesn't feel bad, but I do prefer metal or at least poly carbonate(One X).

If you buy a phone solely on whether it's made of metal and glass get the iPhone. I think it's quite foolish to buy a phone based solely on the build materials. That's honestly the only place the iPhone beats the S III. You're gloating over this chart like it proves the iPhone is superior. Read more than the large letters at the top.

my best friend has an s3 and she let me play with it for a good hour and a half and i am in no way saying the iphone is superior to it because everything has its flaws but in my opinion the s3 does feel cheap

I had the Galaxy Nexus for a few days when I just thought I had to have a 4G phone before the iPhone 5 came out. Well lets just say it felt cheap compared to the iPhone 4 and I had horrible issues with it. Decided to send it back and get my upgrade back lol

i had the Samsung galaxy s when that first came out and my heart was in my mouth whenever i had to take the back off,it was pretty flimsy and i always felt if i wasn't careful it would snap.

Pathetic advertisement. Really disappointed of Samsung. I hope this is fake cause its embarrassing. This is not how you win the hearts of consumers. Obviously they still have no clue why iphone attracts so many. You would think as much as they copied the iphone, they have figured it out by now.

perezr10 said:
Ha! That's funny. You'd think Samsung would show SOME pride of craftsmanship instead of the cheap feeling plastic phones. If I was gonna go with a non-iPhone type it would be the HTC One X. that's the first non Apple phone I would be proud to own.

I agree w that I liked HTC and IPhone, samsungs been getting
On my nerves lately just the Samsung people

having said all this the image is most likely a fake,look at the user name!

poeticvibez07 said:
my best friend has an s3 and she let me play with it for a good hour and a half and i am in no way saying the iphone is superior to it because everything has its flaws but in my opinion the s3 does feel cheap

My sis in law has one.
It was a nice screen, big screen but I preferred my iPhone.
I am aware of android I even upgraded my husbands galaxy (captivate) to froyo than Ice cream and I know it better than he does lol
I love the iPhones keyboard the way it feels I'm My hands etc
I will be grabbing the iPhone 5. I thought of going for HTC one but i KNOW I'd regret it so happy w IOS.
My
iPhone 4 lol can now get IO6! Awesome!! LOL

njshoremom4gurlz said:
My sis in law has one.
It was a nice screen, big screen but I preferred my iPhone.
I am aware of android I even upgraded my husbands galaxy (captivate) to froyo than Ice cream and I know it better than he does lol
I love the iPhones keyboard the way it feels I'm My hands etc
I will be grabbing the iPhone 5. I thought of going for HTC one but i KNOW I'd regret it so happy w IOS.
My
iPhone 4 lol can now get IO6! Awesome!! LOL

i agree it does have a nice big screen but its a little too big in my opinion

If you compare the two Ads (OP and this one), they both have unique features. It's only the fact that consumers are the ones who want to determine which one is better. The truth is, they are both great.

For Android, it's like buying a computer. When you buy a $200 Laptop and complain saying how slow it is, then go buy a Mac and say how great that is as opposed to your $200 Laptop, of course the Mac will be better. When most people settle for Android phones, many due so because of the price, not because it's Android. Once they realize their free Android Phone is slow and constantly freezes up, they'll hate Android just because of that one phone. Just like people criticize Windows about being slow, but having a Mac that is much faster.

The iPhone is great too, it's got a very nice streamlined variety of products that are convenient and easy to use. But you're only able to get what you're given (unless you JB). For many this isn't a problem, but for others, they don't like it. This is where the Android/iPhone split occurs.

For anyone who says that Android is falling and your iPhone is better, you've never owned a quality Android Phone. Look at the Razr Maxx. You've got Webtop, NFC, HDMI Out, Bluetooth Streaming, 4G LTE, and much more! On top of that, I can go 3 days without charging my phone.

All in all, they're pretty equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.