What's new

Doesn't hear my voice to other party

madusanka

Reaction score
I got iPhone 4 and recently upgraded to ios 5.1.1. When I make a call or when I receive a call,I can hear caller's voice very well but they can't hear my voice. I checked voice memos and it's working pretty well. Also other functions of the phone working without any problem. I searched and still couldn't find solution for my problem in the community. Any suggestion please.

Thank you.

Hmmm, this has happened to me from time to time. However, when I "end" call and redial, the issue normally clears up which leads me to believe its something that happened with the server. You can also do a soft reset, which typically always clears up minor issues. Good luck!

I got iPhone 4 and recently upgraded to ios 5.1.1. When I make a call or when I receive a call,I can hear caller's voice very well but they can't hear my voice.

Does this happen every time, or occasionally?

Hmmm, this has happened to me from time to time. However, when I "end" call and redial, the issue normally clears up which leads me to believe its something that happened with the server. You can also do a soft reset, which typically always clears up minor issues. Good luck!

Redial never helped me,even reset.

Does this happen every time, or occasionally?

It's always.I couldn't make even a single call.

Is your microphone dirty?

I hope it's clean enough.

It was working with ios 5.0.1

Thanks everybody friends.

people can't hear you, but you can hear them (1 solution )

Hi everyone,
I read somewhere that if the earphones are plugged in it disables the mic,i don't know if that's true,anyway,that information gave me an idea,i looked down the mic opening,(with a jewelers glass) (magnifier) it looked dirty,so i got a cotton bod i made it damp,twirled it in my fingers to thin it out,it fitted perfectly,i then kept turning it around one way and then kept turning it the same way to keep it thin ,i removed it it was filthy,i did it again phoned the phone and we could hear each other,if you've had the phone for awhile then it could be dusty and dirty, so try it.I hope this helps people,it worked for me.Bonne chance.