What's new

Does Momento app use up date time?

Marcella

Reaction score
Hi everyone ~

I'm sorry to be posting this question but I have searched and searched and can't find an answer. I would like to download the Momento app. I have it on my iTouch and love it but would prefer to use it on my iPhone4. I would imagine there is no way to link the two so I planned on purchasing it again for the iPhone. What I want to make sure of though is that using this app or any app for that matter won't be using up the data time on my monthly iPhone plan. As you can tell by this question I am so so new at this and I apologize for what might be a ridiculous question.

Thank you so much for your help ~

Marcella

It appears that Momento uses the internet to go to social sites, so if you continue to use it like the iPod, over wifi, there should be no data charges. If you use it over 3g yes there will be data usage charged against you monthly data allotment.

Hope this helps. :)

"If you use it over 3g yes there will be data usage charged against you monthly data allotment." Well, I don't for the life of me even understand what that means...I don't go to the social sites...just use it as a diary for myself and I also use the calendar. I was hoping to download a few photos to it when I learn how to use the camera. I am SO illiterate about this device I am truly embarrassed right now. I called Bell and said "If it says 3G in the upper left corner of my phone, does that mean I am on the Internet and not via my home WiFi" and am I using up my monthly minutes? She said "Oh no, that's just Bell's 3G system". I don't have a clue what that means....I'm afraid now to download Momento to my iPhone. May just have to use it on the iTouch even though I'd prefer not to. Thanks so much for trying to help me....I don't even feel like I speak English right now....:(

Most places, when you buy a smart phone (iPhone), you must purchase a data plan which is sometimes called a 3g data plan. It will usually be so many megabytes of data or so many gigabytes of data per month depending on the plan you purchased. If you exceed this amount of data per month, you will incur extra charges per unit of data over the amount you all ready paid for. 3g is for downloading data (apps, music, etc.) when you are not on WiFi. So, if you only use it on WiFi, then you won't use any of you data allotment per month, it should work just like your iPod, no problem. To be sure that you don't use any 3g time, tap on "Settings" > "General" > "Network" and turn "Enable 3G" OFF, and then turn "Cellular Data" OFF. Your phone will work fine, and you won't have to worry about 3g usage any more, unless you want to for some reason. It can be handy sometimes in a pinch to use. Just don't forget how to turn it back on.

I'm going to send you a message Pocobear if that's okay ~

Thanks!

good news is you would not need to buy it again just use your same app store sign in and it will ask you if you want to purchase but will then say you already purchased this would you like to download for free

back to your other question, when you use this on tour iPod are you connected to your wireless Internet(wifi)?

its so hard for me ,i'm here to learn something!
wa, its amazing! thanks a lot ,i learned a lot!