What's new

Does iGotYa have such a function?

iniesta

Reaction score
Is there such a function for the iGotYa tweak that takes a picture of the person (person A) trying to use an iDevice - and sends the iDevice's owner (Person B) an email - when A tries to turn off an iDevice from the Lock screen? Or does B only get the email when the wrong password is keyed in?

If not, does anyone know of a tweak which is able to do such a thing? Just curious. ;)

i don't think so... i believe the phone owner only gets the email/location if the wrong pw is keyed in

that's the only way your phone is gonna know that it's not the phone owner using it

Yes. Igotya has the ability to send pic/location when password is entered incorrectly and when user attempts to turn off phone from lock screen.

iGotYa sucks.lol.

It just does.

Use the Cydia package called "Cylay". It does "exactly" what you want.

It can snap a picture with front/rear camera, can instantly load SMS logs, call logs, location....it is just awesome...and not one single tracking tweak in Cydia comes remotely close.

How sweet would it be if you phone got stolen, to locate it on a map, then snap a picture of the thief that stole it by the tap of a button.lol.

It also s more features, like locking it, preventing it for
Shutting down, literally everything all other security tweaks do, except way more with way more practicality and efficiency.

Way better than having to send some stupid SMS command just to lock it.lol.

The con:

After you 3 month trial it costs $20 a year. To me...Cylay is more then worth it.

I would rather pay $20 a year then make one payment on a tweak that can only do just a couple things...that also require you to send an SMS command to it.

Did I also mention that Cylay can send messages to the thief....no not like an SMS. Once you type the message and press send it just pops up on the phone like an alert.

Can also have an email sent to (with a picture) when the device first connects to a network...in case it's not connected to Internet rite away.

Awesome...blows iGotYa to pieces.lol.

Is there such a function for the iGotYa tweak that takes a picture of the person (person A) trying to use an iDevice - and sends the iDevice's owner (Person B) an email - when A tries to turn off an iDevice from the Lock screen? Or does B only get the email when the wrong password is keyed in?

If not, does anyone know of a tweak which is able to do such a thing? Just curious. ;)

Ive been looking at these as well but not sure if it's worth it or not yet. My thing is suppose it gets stolen and u get a pic and a gps position. What r u going to do call the cops? I know here in fl good luck gettig them to handle a situation like this. Definetly a cool tweak, but not sure if I'm on board yet.

Ive been looking at these as well but not sure if it's worth it or not yet. My thing is suppose it gets stolen and u get a pic and a gps position. What r u going to do call the cops? I know here in fl good luck gettig them to handle a situation like this. Definetly a cool tweak, but not sure if I'm on board yet.

Why would you call the cops, I would show up at their house and knock their door down! :p

Also, the cops do respond to calls like this. A few months back a high profile blogger left his macbook in his taxi and used FindMyMac to take a picture of the person who took it(ended up being the cab driver). He told the cops and within the week they got his laptop back for him.

Why would you call the cops, I would show up at their house and knock their door down! :p

Also, the cops do respond to calls like this. A few months back a high profile blogger left his macbook in his taxi and used FindMyMac to take a picture of the person who took it(ended up being the cab driver). He told the cops and within the week they got his laptop back for him.

A few years back I would have done just that. But now I have a 3 yr old so I dont go looking for trouble. And cops here are useless.

InkedAdrenaline said:

Call the cops?LOL.

I wouldn't even consider doing that first. I would go go my phone back is what I would do. I've done it before..and if wasn't for Cylay.....well I prolly still would have found out cuz I live in a small town...but Cylay found it, and I went and got.

That's what I would do if I found my phone on GPS and got a picture of the thief.

But Hey, if one happens to be the kind of guy that just says "eh, oh well" and just take the loss..that's fine too I guess. I would go try to get tho..If that don't workout...I would call the cops(maybe)..because I would have proof, with a picture of the person.