What's new

Does anyone know what this app is please?

jcrider

Reaction score
All,

This app is on a colleagues phone (genuinely) and I have resorted to a forum post as neither I or anyone else here can identify it.

Does anyone know what it is please? If so, how do we remove it.

OYDMig4.jpg

It is displayed in Battery Doctor, but doesn't appear anywhere on the main screen.

One suggestion was to remove battery doctor, but is more hiding the problem as opposed to dealing with it.

Thanks,

JC

On that iphone go into the App Store thru the App Store icon (usually on the home screen). Click on Updates. At the top of that page you see Purchased. Click on that, then on All and now you can scroll down the list of apps installed on that phone, looking for one with the icon you showed n your post. When you find the correct icon,click on that and read the description of what it does. You can then choose to remove it from the iPhone or not.

I couldn't find that logo anywhere and the Chinese (?) writing says "Feile Music Picks."

Given that, I'm going with the assumption that it's an ad for some product that's been placed there by the developers of Battery Doctor.

So, you could write to them to remove the ad or remove the app. But, I'm afraid it's probably a permanent fixture in that view.

Marilyn

I couldn't find that logo anywhere and the Chinese (?) writing says "Feile Music Picks."

Given that, I'm going with the assumption that it's an ad for some product that's been placed there by the developers of Battery Doctor.

So, you could write to them to remove the ad or remove the app. But, I'm afraid it's probably a permanent fixture in that view.

Marilyn

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you for your reply. I ended up finding it out myself too, link below showing it:

Google Translate

However, your reply has been far more useful than the many given to me in the Apple Support Community.

After they completely missed the question (focusing on battery usage after I mentioned 'Battery Doctor'), the general consensus was the users phone is jailbroken (I've no idea how to prove this yet, but I will need something as he will undoubtedly deny it).

Thank you again.

JC

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you for your reply. I ended up finding it out myself too, link below showing it:

Google Translate

However, your reply has been far more useful than the many given to me in the Apple Support Community.

After they completely missed the question (focusing on battery usage after I mentioned 'Battery Doctor'), the general consensus was the users phone is jailbroken (I've no idea how to prove this yet, but I will need something as he will undoubtedly deny it).

Thank you again.

JC

One sure sign of a jail broken iOS device is the Cydia app, if it's there the device has been jail broken.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

One sure sign of a jail broken iOS device is the Cydia app, if it's there the device has been jail broken.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Again thank you, a swift reply and answers the query I had.

The support here is, in my opinion, far superior to the Apple Support Communities. I will use this to information to search for it on his phone when he next demands I increase his data due to running out (he has 3Gb by default and ran out of the 750Mb bolt on we added within 4 days).

Thank you.