What's new

Docking station and remote control for the iPhone 5s

segal.arye

Reaction score
BSD

Hello everyone. I'm new around here, and to this entire iPhone accessories world as well. ;)

I just finished installing a pair of white Audioengine A2+ speakers on the wall in my parents bedroom.

My mom has an iPhone 5s, and I'd like to buy a docking station and a remote control for her to use with the iPhone and the new speakers.

I browsed the online Apple store for the appropriate accessories and saw the docking station and the remote control they offer. These are two different products (they do not come together in a single package.) I was wondering if she'll be able to control her iPhone using the remote control, while it's docked in the station. (By "control her iPhone" i mean control the media player to switch songs and raise/lower the volume.)

I saw the docking station has a LINE OUT port, so that's good. I did not, however, saw an IR receiver on the docking station, so I do not know if it will work with the remote control. Does the remote control "speaks" directly with the iPhone, or does the docking station must have an IR receiver?

Here are the links to the two products:

Apple Remote: Apple Remote - Apple Store U.S.

iPhone 5s Dock: iPhone 5s Dock - Apple Store U.S.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you have regarding the matter.

If you guys know of any other combination of products that work good together and achieve what I'm trying to do, feel free to suggest them as well.

Thank you very much for your time,

Arye Segal. :)

I personally like/use the TwelveSouth HiRise charging stand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417103564.264082.jpg

Thanks for the reply, spencerdl!

Does it come with a remote control? Thanks! :)

Thanks for the reply, spencerdl!

Does it come with a remote control? Thanks! :)
No it doesn't. That would have been nice

Sent from my GOLD [emoji390][emoji641]s
using Tapatalk