What's new

Do You Use a Case?

chantelle310 said:
I see alot of love for the griffin reveal.. I may have to invest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best case.

chantelle310 said:
I see alot of love for the griffin reveal.. I may have to invest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best case.

Last edited:
im rockin the invisible shield.

for me, i like to enjoy my phone without having bulkiness. You buy a phone thats thin and easy to carry so why would i want to ruin its design? If i drop it and break it thats on me. I have no problem with that :) but i havent had a case on my iphone since 3gs and i wont start now!

I definitely understand where you are going from cause the phone is a thing of beauty lol. but i cannot afford to replace it if i break it haha so i take a little extra protection

If you are looking for thin case that doesn't feel like you have a case on at all I would suggest a Pinlo case from their website. I have ordered 2 with no issues at all. Google Pinlo. Check out the Slice 3 case.

If you are looking for thin case that doesn't feel like you have a case on at all I would suggest a Pinlo case from their website. I have ordered 2 with no issues at all. Google Pinlo. Check out the Slice 3 case.

Wow. For a case junkie like me, Pinlo has three or four cases I need to get for my stash. Thank you very much for your post.

bc

juttsvw said:

Watch your language please. You are not in a bar!

what's the point of these cases? The only reason I use a case is to protect my phone from drops. These types of cases don't really do any kind of protecting. Again, not trying to argue but to see an alternative perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sound like a dick but what's the point of these cases? The only reason I use a case is to protect my phone from drops. These types of cases don't really do any kind of protecting. Again, not trying to argue but to see an alternative perspective.

No I understand what you mean. The main point of this case would be to protect from scratches and such. Dropping no. But if your looking for a case that is thin and doesn't take away from the thin design of the iPhone, this may be for others.

Another case people may want to check out is the Graft Concepts case. Google serch it, very nice looking.

iFrogz Luze Ultra Lean is what im using. Doesnt even look or feel like there is a case on my phone.

I am loving my Lifeproof case, got my wife one as well. I have no need for a pretty little case, i want something that protects it and this does. Smaller than my OB defender as well and slides in/out of the pocket better. As for screen touch, can't even tell its there. Love it.

I read some reviews online about the Lifeproof case that said when you made calls it echoed really bad to the person on the other end. Have you had anyone tell you that? I was going to buy one then I read that on numerous reviews and decided not to.

I'm using the incipio hard and soft case. It seems really nice so far.

I read some reviews online about the Lifeproof case that said when you made calls it echoed really bad to the person on the other end. Have you had anyone tell you that? I was going to buy one then I read that on numerous reviews and decided not to.

I'm using the incipio hard and soft case. It seems really nice so far.
THE TUNNEL / MICROPHONE FIX!!! – We found the cause of the ‘tunnel / distant’ sounding voice where callers to affected LifeProof iPhones (a small percentage) had difficulty hearing the Lifeproof talker on regular phone calls – We finally caught the issue in the field thanks to some Lifeproof owners with the issue that scheduled calls with us so we can hear it. We have also tested the fix and it works 100%, both for the users, and in the lab when we recreated the same conditions. The CAUSE is very simple, and so is the FIX:- The microphone has a special thin Goretex vent that keeps the water out but allows sounds to pass. This normally works perfectly and allows crystal clear calls. However, with some cases, when the air trapped in the case causes a positive pressure, the vent is puffed outwards by air pressure a little and stretches out to touch the little protective grills (Keeps foreign objects from damaging the sensitive vent) in the bottom of the case. Sometimes the vent then rests against these grills after being stretched to that position and then cannot vibrate correctly to transmit the sound to the iPhone microphone – causing a distant, thin, tunnelish kind of voice to be heard on the other end of a call.
NOW FOR THE SIMPLE FIX: Look at the phone front-on as you would when you are about to start an app. The microphone port is the hole on the bottom of the case to the lower left of the home button and left of the charge port. Now for the fun part (Should take no longer than 3 seconds). *** Blow hard into the microphone ***. You could do it like you are blowing a candle out, or much better still you could seal your lips over the hole and blow firmly like you are blowing a balloon up – your choice. Don’t worry about blowing too hard with your lungs, but do not use compressed air. This air pressure will push the Goretex vent away from the protective grills and liberate your iPhone to crystal clear sound on video recording and phone calls again. You may (or may not) need to do this from time to time if large air pressure changes cause the vent to flex to stick to the protective grill again. Also, remember to always thoroughly shake water out of the vent area after being submerged because trapped water in the protective grill will also attenuate the sound. Happy LifeProofing!
Kind Regards,

im rockin the invisible shield.

for me, i like to enjoy my phone without having bulkiness. You buy a phone thats thin and easy to carry so why would i want to ruin its design? If i drop it and break it thats on me. I have no problem with that :) but i havent had a case on my iphone since 3gs and i wont start now!

The problem is not just if it breaks, its living with the damage when it Doesn't break. Dropping it on concrete/asphalt/etc with no case will 8/10 result in physical damage. You have to live with those scars, chips, dents, scratches then until your contract is up. No one likes having cases if the phone would never get damaged.

Otter box commuter and zagg screen protector, great combination, I'm so careful with my phone. I don't even let anyone else touch it, well try not to.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My dad bought me a leather case. It's brand is Puro. But yesterday, I had someone put Full Body Invisible Shield (one made by Zagg) on my iPhone 4S and she said that it's not advisable to use a hard case. :(

I have a the clear 'incase' case lol! I was given it by a friend who works for Carphone warehouse as she was given it by apple because of the signal problem but she bought a snazzy one! I love that it is almost invisible!