Do people like to use silicone covers on their ip4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4 Accessories' started by iQLUX, May 18, 2011.

1. bab2010

bab2010 Well-Known Member

I would do the exact opposite:)

2. iQLUX

iQLUX New Member

What do u guys think of the leather flip cases?
    I think they are NASTY!

Sent from my iPhone 4

3. crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser Member

Had problems with phone flying put of the flip case after the case got some wear.

Gea4 make a plexiglass case which protects the phone well from drops and scratches, but trapped dust is an annoying issue.

CP

4. pires

pires New Member

I think the silicone cover is better than the hard cover, but your photo is not very clearly, i do not know which one you bought...

5. WOMiphone

WOMiphone New Member

6. CMERRITT84

CMERRITT84 New Member

i had a otterbox defender and hated it. the silcone was too loose and you really had to grind your finger down into the home button to mash it. so i took the clip off the otter box belt holster and put it on my body glove case. more better.

7. martin0

martin0 New Member

i would never buy a silicone case. i had one on my old ipod and the dust got into it and completely scratched the hell out of it in no time.

8. Nickp

Nickp Member

I agree. I just purchased mine this week and was skeptical about the size and feel. I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised by both. I like the way it rests in my hands and the protection factor is second to none. Holster is a bit bulky but a good alternative in lieu of carrying just the Otter in your pocket (which would be a big PIA).

-----------------------
    Quote: i had a otterbox defender and hated it. the silcone was too loose and you really had to grind your finger down into the home button to mash it. so i took the clip off the otter box belt holster and put it on my body glove case. more better.

Don't quite understand what you are trying to say. My home button works just as well with the Defender as it does with a naked phone. No mashing required. Possibly you had an earlier generation for the 3GS, which had some issues according to some folks?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011