What's new

DO NOT RESTORE because of lack of free space

cervenaciapocka

Reaction score
I wiped out all data on my iPhone in iTunes but now when I try to restore my contacts it every time says then it can't be done so because of the lack of space in there… It is completely empty, no photos on my iPhone, no videos, no applications so where is the problem?
I read that I probably need to download the latest version of iTunes but I would like to ask that if I will download it if it delete or change something in spared things( contacts, photos, etc.) which are now saved in PC.

I wiped out all data on my iPhone in iTunes but now when I try to restore my contacts it every time says then it can't be done so because of the lack of space in there… It is completely empty, no photos on my iPhone, no videos, no applications so where is the problem?
I read that I probably need to download the latest version of iTunes but I would like to ask that if I will download it if it delete or change something in spared things( contacts, photos, etc.) which are now saved in PC.

If you made a backup to your PC before wiping the data then doing a reset through iTunes will give you the option to restore from that backup. I make it a point to sync my iPhone with iTunes on a regular basis not only to sync my playlists, but more importantly to make an encrypted back up of my phone to the PC. The difference between an encrypted backup and an unencrypted backup is the the encrypted backup will include passwords, credit card info and other sensitive data in the backup.

The big advantage to the encrypted backup is that when its used to restore your phone it will be exactly the same way it was when the backup was created. No need to enter network passwords, email passwords, or anything else like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I also do a restore to my PC in case my phone breaks or gets stolen. The problem is that the restore option takes hours and hours as I have over 5,000 photos stored, many of which I cannot delete off my iPhone 5. What is the difference, why does the restore take so long while the back-up usually takes just under 1 hour? Also, why can't I delete photos from my Photo Library or one with just numerals:2011-06-20-001 ? Yet I CAN delete from my Camera Roll? Strange?