What's new

Restore Backup.... PLEASE HELP!

ninjamaterial210

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've had my iPhone for a couple months now (loving it) and I accidently deleted a photo I wanted to keep. So I went online and someone suggested to go to iTunes > Devices > my iphone > then restore from backup. So I did. And it literally wiped out ALL of my stuff! All my photos and videos from the photo reel are gone, my entire iPhone layout is out of whack and jumbled around, I was disconnected from all my accounts on the phone and my wallpapers were changed to that of when I transferred everything from my iTouch long ago. Forget the one photo, how do I restore my phone to the way it was before this mess???
Thank you for your time,
Cameron M.

Well that was pretty dumb of you to do honestly. You have to have a backup that's relatively current to get what you want. Just doing it and having an old backup will obviously mess things up. You can't get it back to how it was because you didn't create a backup in case it got messed up, which is what you should've done. Honestly I'd just cut your losses and do a clean restore and set up as new phone.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Yeah I know I'm not that tech-savy. Thanks for your advice but I actually figured it out on my own in the meantime! Turns out I just restored to the wrong device.