What's new

How to increase storage space on my phone?

Nobody

Reaction score
Hi!

I have no more storage space on my phone. Out of the 32 GO available, 31 GO is used, so I 'd like to know how to increase the storage space on my phone? If it's possible of course!

I have a Blackberry Key 2 LE (Light Edition), I bought a 64GO micro SD card hoping it will increase my phone storage to 96GO (64+32) makes sense!

I originally bought the 64GO micro SD card to install new apps ( not other stuff such as photos or videos) since I ran out of space

But when I install the new apps, they install either on the internal memory card or the micro SD card (they don't give me the option to choose which card I'd like the app to be installed on)

Most of my apps are installed on the internal memory card but as I don't have any more space (31GO used out of the 32 GO available) I had to uninstall apps to install new apps

But even after doing that, I really need to install a dozen new apps ( the ones I uninstalled + new ones) that I can't due to lack of space!

It's ridiculous because on the micro SD card that I bought there is only 4 GO being used out of the 58 GO available

So I have 48GO that's unused, just sitting there!

I need to install some new apps on the new micro SD card that I bought but I don't know how?

I'd like to install some dating apps, social medias apps, gaming apps, travel apps, etc

I understand that you can only install photos and videos on the micro SD card (vendors at various stores told me that) but not the apps?

They told me that we can install files, videos, photos on the micro SD card but not the apps

Is there a card (SIM, SD, micro SD card) or other card where apps can be stored?

Or else is it possible to merge the micro SD card with the internal memory card so that I have 96 GO of space available where it'd be possible to install both apps AND photos/videos too?

There must be a way to either increase the phone's storage space to install new apps, a card to be able to install apps on it or to merge the 2 cards (internal memory card and micro SD card)?

Vendors at Walmart advised me to change my phone. I'm not going to do that as I bought this phone only last year. And it is one of the very few phones with a physical keyboard

The Blackerry Key 2 has 64GO of internal memory space but it's too expensive (around $550!) It's out of my budget

I think my Blackberry Key2 LE only has 34 GO because it's a "light edition"

Anyway if someone knows who to install apps on the micro SD card or how to merge the internal device card with the micro SD card please let me know! Thanks!

It’s not possible to increase the storage space on an iPhone. That’s why it’s usually recommended that to get the largest storage you can afford when purchasing an iPhone or iPad.
You’ll probably have a similar solution with your blackberry. Apps would have to be on the internal storage to work. That’s built into the way the phone operates and can’t be changed.