What's new

Do Not Disturb / DND not working

brenakie

Reaction score
Is anyone else having Do Not Disturb issues?

I followed the directions @ How to set up It's pretty straight forward...

-Tap ‘Settings’
-Beneath ‘Do Not Disturb’ you’ll see ‘Notifications’ – tap it
-Tap ‘Do Not Disturb’
-I turned on ‘Scheduled’ set from 11pm to 7am and chose my FAVORITES

In the eve I'll throw the phone on the charger and turn it "off" (not powered off).

I'll make a test call from a favorite phone and the call goes to voicemail...

It the phone is active/unlocked during the DND timeframe, any call will come through.

Any ideas....

$ip5b.jpg $ip5a.jpg $ip5c.jpg $ip5d.jpg $ip5e.jpg

Curious. Did you have the mute switch on the side of the phone on or off when you did that test?

Is your service provider forwarding you the correct caller ID?
If they are doing something funky the number will not match what you have in your favorite.

Some of the things that you have to either "put up with" or "get use to" when you come from an Android phone can be a bit frustrating.

This isn't the first thread I've seen about someone saying DND does not work right. I have other complaints as well.

I think Do Not Disturb means just that, but no, emails and other alerts come through just fine. Apparently it only works with the phone.

So I said up the DND and I got my wife as the only "favorite." I haven't tested it yet. But I really wanted it to shut down email alerts.

I just got a new charging dock for my iPhone 5 and the design is such that it actually takes the speaker outputs and amplifies them (acoustically) so they come right from the Dock. My email alert is "Please Mr. Poastman" (clever, huh?) and usually I only hear one side of the two tracks quietly coming out. But in my dock s was as loud as the alarm and woke me right up.

So my solution since DND does not work on apps is to lower the phone/apps volume to minimum and my Alarm Clock app has it's own volume so I can turn that up.

I'd like to see some improvement on this feature. That is if it works at all right now.

If the screen shots that you've posted are how you have things set up... and they aren't working. Perhaps, in the second screen shot, you should turn the Do Not Disturb slider into the "On" position.

If the screen shots that you've posted are how you have things set up... and they aren't working. Perhaps, in the second screen shot, you should turn the Do Not Disturb slider into the "On" position.

No not possible.
Check the time in this ss
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351159146.200325.jpg

Now this one
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351159198.119889.jpg
The slider shows as off until the timer is triggered once DND has been set up
As in this ss
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351159371.704811.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok... so when you have the DND set to a "Schedule" the slider will automatically go to the ON position from OFF?

Ok... so when you have the DND set to a "Schedule" the slider will automatically go to the ON position from OFF?

Correct. And back at the end of the schedule.
In fact as I said it is not possible to alter that slider other than changing the schedule or turning the schedule off returning you to manual control

Correct. And back at the end of the schedule. In fact as I said it is not possible to alter that slider other than changing the schedule or turning the schedule off returning you to manual control
Thanks for clearing that up. I use the DND feature... just not w/ the Schedule option.

Correct. And back at the end of the schedule.
In fact as I said it is not possible to alter that slider other than changing the schedule or turning the schedule off returning you to manual control

If you aren't in the scheduled time you can still activate that slider. I've done it for meetings at work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

If you aren't in the scheduled time you can still activate that slider. I've done it for meetings at work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nearly exactly. The schedule has to be off to do this Thank you for explaining it in another way

Last edited:
Wow been using DND since day 1 on IP5. It works great! Need it for my older mom who lives alone. It blocks everything out.... Alerts, email, etc. I can sleep now!!!

schoff0310 said:
Wow been using DND since day 1 on IP5. It works great! Need it for my older mom who lives alone. It blocks everything out.... Alerts, email, etc. I can sleep now!!!

Forgot to say. During the time when you DON'T have DND set it will show as off in settings. So maybe some out there think its not working?