What's new

dissapointed with iphone5 quality

edgabimbam

Reaction score
today my iphone 5 fell from pocket about ~15cm height and screen cracked near home button.... I couldnt believe that it is so fragile, watched youtube drop test, they were dropping from 1meter height and nothing....... Btw warranty doesnt belong to screen cracks? maybe there was defect and it cracked so eassily.

edgabimbam said:
today my iphone 5 fell from pocket about ~15cm height and screen cracked near home button.... I couldnt believe that it is so fragile, watched youtube drop test, they were dropping from 1meter height and nothing....... Btw warranty doesnt belong to screen cracks? maybe there was defect and it cracked so eassily.

Unfortunately, your phone landed in just the right way for the glass to crack. Falls from greater heights, if the phone lands just right, won't crack the glass.

Did you purchase AppleCare for your phone? The reason I ask is that it covers up to two incidents of accidental damage during the two years of the plan.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

HTML:
Unfortunately, your phone landed in just the right way for the glass to crack. Falls from greater heights, if the phone lands just right, won't crack the glass.

Did you purchase AppleCare for your phone? The reason I ask is that it covers up to two incidents of accidental damage during the two years of the plan.

Nop dont have apple care :/ only 2 years seller warranty

edgabimbam said:
Nop dont have apple care :/ only 2 years seller warranty

What does the seller warranty say about accidental damage? If you have no coverage, Apple repair costs are about half the new cost of the phone.

Drop tests are now accurate to be honest. They are controlled drops with the phone positioned flat. In reality when you drop your phone it falls anyhow. Usually if I drop mine I use a foot to try and break its fall as if controlling a football lol.

What does the seller warranty say about accidental damage? If you have no coverage, Apple repair costs are about half the new cost of the phone.

have read and it is stated that it wont repair for cracking screen... :/ hmmm maybe i will try to take phone to service center for wifi issues. Maybe they will give raplacement for that :/ damn sucks. Thanks for help

Edgabimbam, the old "regular" AppleCare wouldn't cover accidental damage like screen drops. However, AppleCare+ absolutely does cover two incidents of accidental damage. Including but not limited to, water damage, drops, and cracked screens. As long as your phone isn't lost or stolen ( you have to have a phone to give back to them), they will replace it for $50, up to two times.

iPhones are delicate devices, they for sure are to get damaged when ever you are going to drop them off. Yes the warranty claim doesn't cover up the screen cracks you will have to get the screen repair from any local iPhone repair shop within your area.

Order a screen, bring to phone shop (trusted one) tell them to repair infront of your own eyes!

Many thanks,
Software

That's the trade off between glass & plastic I suppose.
I'd still go for glass front and back, and stainless chassis like iPhone 4 if I had my way.
Even if it makes the whole thing heavier and thicker again.

Why would you not put a case on it...I feel like you are asking for it if you don't especially with an iPhone.

I hate cases. Never used one on any of my android devices and did not on my 4s. This 5 though, oh boy is it a delicate one. At least a bumper when you go out. I take mine off sometimes but that bumper offers that little extra padding.

Cases may be sometimes uncomfortable, but they prevent cracks just like you did. I actually think that the iPhone breaks more easily than other phones, so at least get a case for your iPhone 5...

Yup just a simple case the covers the back and the side is enough. I dropped mine a couple of times and no cracks. Even with my past iPhones. I've always had a case to give it protection. When I got my 5 I didn't have a case on it for at least two weeks. It felt like a ticking time bomb. I loved how it felt without a case so slim and light, but if you look for one of those ultra thin cases you'll never regret it.