What's new

Disappointments with the Apple Event?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I only had one disappointment with the Apple event yesterday which was the iPhone X not shipping until November. Other then that I'm super excited about the future of the iPhone and the new technology Apple is packing in.

Anyone else have any disappointments with the event?

I was disappointed that the 32gb option has been removed, It took Apple a long time to increase from 16gb and now the smallest storage is 64gb so costing more....

I’m disappointed that the range of Apple Watch models in the Austrian Apple Store is quite limited. And none of the new devices here get the cellular feature.

I guess my only disappointment would be that the AirPower mat won't be available until next year. I'd really like to have that delivered the same time as the X so that I can charge all my Apple devices on it.

I was disappointed the X didn't really have that much more than the 8 Plus. Not enough to warrant $200 more.

The screen on the X compared to the 8 is a big difference and so is the facial recognition technology. That tech will blow open the doors to so much other cool stuff! The future is exciting :D

I really like the 128GB option on this iPhone 7 plus ...why not start the iPhone X at that level...

If you hope to record at 4K and 240 frames per second… You're going to use up 64 GB very quickly. I don't think there's any other option for people who love that new camera other than 256 GB.

Not sure about the inbuilt SIM card. How do I transfer my phone number and data to it?

When you pair your new Apple Watch to your iPhone, you’ll be asked whether or not you wish to set up cellular service. If you set up the cellular feature, that’s done within a few steps, and Sprint, e.g., says you need your Sprint account ID and password during the process.

I’m disappointed that the range of Apple Watch models in the Austrian Apple Store is quite limited. And none of the new devices here get the cellular feature.

don't know we're you got your info, but I guess that applies to Germany also correct??

don't know we're you got your info, but I guess that applies to Germany also correct??
The information above was from Sprint. I suppose it will work the same, if there are cellular versions of the Apple Watch available in Germany. Not every country or carrier gets cellular service for the AW.

When you pair your new Apple Watch to your iPhone, you’ll be asked whether or not you wish to set up cellular service. If you set up the cellular feature, that’s done within a few steps, and Sprint, e.g., says you need your Sprint account ID and password during the process.

Sorry J. A., I meant to ask about the SIM card in my iPhone 6 Plus. I was wondering how to install it to the iPhone X? Are you suggesting, it's the same process, if I had an Apple Watch?