What's new

Disappointed by the iPhone

in the past, i have used symbian os, windows mobile, sony ericsson's os, RIM, and now iOS w/ the iphone 4. all i can say is that the iphone 4 is the easiest to use and navigate around. it flips thru pages fluidly, you can customize it almost any way you want; rename it, delete it, etc.....

RIM and symbian are too user unfriendly; takes too many steps to achieve something basic. windows mobile is also good but isn't popular at all and sony ericsson's OS is just POS! i haven't tried Droid yet but from friends and family members who use it, they all said it's awesome too!

one thing that does bother me, like the original poster mentioned, is the HOME button. most apps don't have the EXIT button or BACK button, so you have to use the HOME button most of the time. sometimes annoying but not really a big issue. the keyboard is easier to type than the old style ones. the screen is beautiful, the camera is better than alot of the 8mp phones, and the style is just pure sex! i use hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail and they all sync beautifully without any hitch. if i delete them on my iphone 4, it gets deleted in hotmail, yahoo mail, etc...also. no double reading!

the apps store is just crazy! thousands to chose from, but there are only a handful that are actually useful and you have to pay for them. there are some free ones that are cool as heck too. and it's easy to search for them too. if you don't know how to search, there's something wrong with you and not the phone.

no phone will do everything you want but this iphone 4 is close. it's not perfect but damn impressive.

Last edited:
I never said I didnt like the phone. It is fine. The question I asked is why do you love it? Several people seem upset that I do not love the phone. Other seem to think that I have given up on it somehow. I plan on using this phone until it no longer works. Given my history with Apple products that will be a very long time. It is the most pleasing phone on the market visually. There are several other aspects that are positive. I do not love this phone however. Furthermore I do not feel that it is substantially different from other smartphones. Better perhaps but not a completely different animal. Many people report that they love the iPhone. My question is why. I am not trying to insult anyone, just to understand. What is it about the iPhone that makes it so much better? What do you like about it?

Pat O
here is a beer for those I have offended 