What's new

Disappointments with the Apple Event?

There’s one information that was not provided during the event:

You can use the cellular service of your Apple Watch, as long as it’s connected to your provider (within your carrier network coverage area). Since the AW can not connect to it when you’re in a differnet country, the cellular feature and everything connected to it will not work.

So that’s a downside, maybe especially for people living in the European Union. While we can roam without any extra costs with our iPhones, the same is not possible with the AW.

Sorry J. A., I meant to ask about the SIM card in my iPhone 6 Plus. I was wondering how to install it to the iPhone X? Are you suggesting, it's the same process, if I had an Apple Watch?
No. You just remove the SIM card from your iPhone 6 Plus, and put it into your new iPhone X. Both need a Nano SIM card.
Or contact your carrier, if that’s not possible.
This might help:
Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Last edited:
There’s one information that was not provided during the event:

You can use the cellular service of your Apple Watch, as long as it’s connected to your provider (within your carrier network coverage area). Since the AW can not connect to it when you’re in a differnet country, the cellular feature and everything connected to it will not work.

So that’s a downside, maybe especially for people living in the European Union. While we can roam without any extra costs with our iPhones, the same is not possible with the AW.
That's because the cellular version of the Apple Watch is so new that it's not covered under existing roaming regulations. If a carrier can figure out a way to skirt regulations and add extra fees it'll do so.

That's because the cellular version of the Apple Watch is so new that it's not covered under existing roaming regulations. If a carrier can figure out a way to skirt regulations and add extra fees it'll do so.
I’m quite sure they’re already looking for a way around this regulation.

Reactions: 933

Yep. This is only a minor setback and will be resolved by the carriers in no time. All frequency bands are in the watch that are in the phones. So there's no technical limitation with the AW cellular transmitter.