What's new

disappearing messages help

Heidirenee

Reaction score
hi,

i am having an issue with texts/imessage disappering as soon as i've sent them. Is it an indication that this person has blocked me?

The time stamps remain but the sent messages disappear a second after i hit send and they've visible in the message thread.

My storage isnt full, imessages are kept forever, and i've restarted my phone. Please see attached images.

Attachments

• IMG_8793.PNG
    IMG_8793.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

When you send messages to someone that has blocked you, the messages appear as “Sent” on your device. You wouldn’t even notice that you’ve been blocked.
There seems to be a problem with Messages on your device.

Force close the app that doesn’t show your messages. That can help, if an app doesn’t work as expected. Then try writing and sending again.
Next option: Go to Settings - Messages - iMessage. Turn it off, wait a few seconds, then enable it again.
Also make sure “Send as SMS” is enabled, so that messages can be sent when iMessage is not available.
If you try sending pictures, enable “MMS Messaging”.
In Settings - your name - iCloud - Apps using iCloud - Messages, turn off “Sync this iPhone“. In the next popup, select “Disable and Download Messages”. Wait a few seconds, then turn Messages on again.
It’s also possible that the contact is in an area without cell reception, so your messages are not sent to his/her device.

Hope that helps.