What's new

Different versions of iPhone 4?

kellen.humphrey

Reaction score
I just need to know if there are multiple versions of the iPhone 4(Verizon)?
I broke the digitizer and attempted to replace it myself, the digitizer and lcd
assembly I bought from iphone4part.com didn't proper fit my iPhone, even though
they said it was fit for a Verizon iPhone 4. The chassis was different from the one
I pulled out of my phone, and one of the connectors was shorter also. I just
need to know what I'm supposed to be looking for when searching for another
new screen.

Only two versions of the display for an iPhone 4... Verizon & AT&T. More than likely they sent an AT&T model.

Only two versions of the display for an iPhone 4... Verizon & AT&T. More than likely they sent an AT&T model.

Ahhhh I got you now :D

There are actually 3 types or 'versions' of the iPhone 4. iPhone3,1 being GSM. iPhone3,2 being the global unlocked. iPhone3,3 being CDMA. The iPhone3,2 is distributed mainly for GSM carriers, but does support the CDMA networks, meaning it's similar to the 4S and 5. The hardware components are the same assuming we're only talking about cosmetics and the shelling of the iPhone. The more intricate pieces may or may not be similar depending on which iPhones you're comparing.

Ahhhh I got you now :D

There are actually 3 types or 'versions' of the iPhone 4. iPhone3,1 being GSM. iPhone3,2 being the global unlocked. iPhone3,3 being CDMA. The iPhone3,2 is distributed mainly for GSM carriers, but does support the CDMA networks, meaning it's similar to the 4S and 5. The hardware components are the same assuming we're only talking about cosmetics and the shelling of the iPhone. The more intricate pieces may or may not be similar depending on which iPhones you're comparing.

LOL!! In detail yes.. you got me. 😄 There are only two displays though.... Verizon (also for the global unlocked) & AT&T.

That is.... true ._.

The 3,2 isn't that popular since the release of the 4S. They're still being sold, but the 4S has improved performance and functionality so it's a forgotten iPhone -o-"

Or should I say, model screen one needs? If it makes any difference...