What's new

Different lock/passcode screen?

DonnaMac

Reaction score
Hi there, both me and my sister in law had an iPhone 4 but she received a replacement as she dropped hers down the loo.. I've noticed it has a different screen where you put your Passcode in and it looks like you can have unlimited characters as the Passcode. Also it features an 'OK' button to the right of the Passcode entry window. Both of our phones are running 5.1 (up to date) and I can't figure out why hers is different. Any ideas? I haven't seen a 4S but it just says iPhone on the back. I know it doesn't really matter but it's just bugging me lol.

Thanks

Hi, I've had both the 4 and 4s and my lock screen have both been the same. Like yours.

Hi there, both me and my sister in law had an iPhone 4 but she received a replacement as she dropped hers down the loo.. I've noticed it has a different screen where you put your Passcode in and it looks like you can have unlimited characters as the Passcode. Also it features an 'OK' button to the right of the Passcode entry window. Both of our phones are running 5.1 (up to date) and I can't figure out why hers is different. Any ideas? I haven't seen a 4S but it just says iPhone on the back. I know it doesn't really matter but it's just bugging me lol.

Thanks

Sounds like you have the "Simple" passcode is turned off. This allows you to enter a large passcode containing both numbers, letters and symbols. The "OK" button would be there because it is not waiting for just 4 numbers and so it needs to know when you are done. Good system, but sometimes very cumbersome if the code is too complicated. Then NEVER forget this code or you are set to do a restore as new.

Hope this helps,
HiddenPuppy