What's new

dif between 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

Scorpio1

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a verizon ip4 5.0.1 jailbroken and was wandering what the pros and cons would be between 5.0.1 vs 5.1.1 Any input is greatly apreciated

It's really up to you, I personally always like to be on the most recent untethered jailbreakable firmware because I like my software to be up to date. That being said, there really hasn't been much of a change from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. If you had a 4S I would say you should update since there was a battery drain issue that was addressed in 5.1 for that device. You can see the full changelog for 5.1 and 5.1.1 here: iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just switched to the 4s and I can definitely tell a difference in battery life. With the same tweaks my 4s just exterminates the battery where as my 4 was good on battery life. I actually was able to run Speed Intensifier on my 4 and maintain a good battery life where as on the 4s I had to take it off as I could literally see my battery draining 1% per few mins of use

But to stay on topic I would def update to 5.1.1

I say update.

The main difference between 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4 is stability and battery life.

The battery life fixes apply to all devices that can be on 5.1.1. Not just the 4S (even tho that's what Apple said).

My battery life has increase a noticeably good amount since updating to 5.1.1.

Second:

The jailbreak is much more stable then 5.0.1. In fact I think 5.1.1 is more stable then 5.0.1 period.

If I were you I would restore to 5.1.1, setup as new device, not from backup (as that greatly enhances the stability of any jailbreak ALOT).

After restore...and you went through the initial setup of the phone (rite when you first get access to the SpringBoard) don't do anything at that point. Don't configure anything.

Now jailbreak with Absinthe. Make sure it's the latest version 2.0.4. (do not use the "Erase All Content and Settings" option before jailbreaking)

After jailbreak, don't open Cydia.
Sync your music, apps, ringtones,etc from iTunes.

After your done with iTunes...open Cydia and enjoy.

I believe these steps "exactly" will yield the most stable jailbreak.

As that is what I do every time a new jailbreak comes out for a new iOS.

I restore then jailbreak...and I restore again..then jailbreak again, and I restore again...until I figured out the exact steps to make the jailbreak "100%" stable and flawless.

If I see one tiny little minor thing out if place...I restore and jailbreak again...of coarse doing things a little differently each time.

Last edited:
Well i upgraded and jailbroke it now we'll see how it goes. Thank you all for your help and input, much apreciated

Well this has to be one of the easiest jailbreaks I've done...so I'm gonna give these steps a "whirl". My Mail.app crashed a couple of time since the 5.1.1 jailbreak. I have to agree though that is definitely more stable than 5.0.1