What's new

Did my GF's lock screen reveal something bad?

mczorba

Reaction score
Hi all,

Upon opening her phone, on the lock screen(?), Tinder appeared for a short second before being replaced by another app in a list of apps. I don't use iphone myself but am I correct in believing these apps are recently used apps? How long after an app is deleted can it still show up on the lock screen? Does the fact that Tinder appeared briefly before fading away and being replaced mean that she recently used it? Or can old apps (1-2 year old) show up like this?

Thanks for any input... I'm obviously very suspicious and anxious right now.
I believe it's an iphone 6

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

No matter which iPhone it is: once an app has been deleted, it doesn't appear on the lock screen.
You find apps that have been used before, and haven't been closed, in the App Switcher. As soon as the app is removed completely, you can’t find it there either.

When you say to,opened her iPhone, does that mean you know her passcode?

I feel stupid, I had to look up tinder to see what it is. If you are opening her phone you must have some reason or just don't trust people. If you recognize tinder (or think you do) from a brief second's view you may be too familiar with the software. If it isn't on the phone it can't be what you saw as it can't be running.