What's new

Dev Team's Progress w/ iOS 6.0 & iOS 6.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Update

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
$absinthejailbreak.jpg
Earlier today David, aka planetbeing, of the Jailbreak Dev Team Tweeted that they have made progress on an Untethered Jailbreak for pre-A5 iDevices. As well as figuring out a "failbreak" method of Jailbreaking the iPhone 5, iPad 4 and iPad Mini. This "failbreak" method does, however, require a developer account and is not available to the public.

David also went on to say, via Twitter, "It’s unlikely we’ll see a tethered JB for later devices. They’ll likely be untethered or nothing unless we find a bootrom bug." With that, it looks like the chances of us seeing a Tethered JB for our iPhone 5, iPad 4 or iPad mini just slipped through our fingers.

Source: Untethered iOS 6.0.1/iOS 6 Jailbreak Update: Hackers Continue To Make Progress

Anxious to see the results knowing that the dev-team is working even harder now that it's confirmed that you need a developer account.

Anxious to see the results knowing that the dev-team is working even harder now that it's confirmed that you need a developer account.
I'm right there w/ ya... can't wait to get this iPhone 5 JB! You're holding out on the iP5 aren't you?

Waiting on the 5S maybe. The 5 isn't that captivating.

Or.... I can buy a 5, put it on the company tab and say that my 4S is lost..... You didn't hear that from me.

But to be honest, the iPhone 5 is really nice. It's just a little awkward to hold since I'm so used to the size of the 4S with the Mophie Juice Pack battery case. The 4S + the battery case has about the same width and length, but the thickness is about half on the 5 compared to my 4S currently, and almost a third of the weight LOL. Feels no naked. The resolution and the fact that the screen is a little larger is pretty nice. Buuuuuuut there's still the problem of demands not being met, especially the 64 GB ones.