What's new

Deleting Files off of iFile

iJinrang

Reaction score
hey you guys i have a question is there anyway to retrieve a file once you have deleted one from iFile for example i deleted the black shadow bars off my lockscreen and now when someone calls my phone while its unlocked i can answer the phone but it lets me do the leave a message part.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Nope. You'll have to restore it by putting the file back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

What file was it? What was it called? I could upload it off a sealed version of your iOS.

Many thanks,
Software

Anytime I feel I need to delete a file, I make a copy on my Mac. This has saved me a lot of work.

What file was it? What was it called? I could upload it off a sealed version of your iOS.

Many thanks,
Software

I can't remember the name I went ahead and restored my device and got them back. But now I used cydia tweaks to get rid of them now.

I've seen the feature on the iPad, but could never fin it on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Cog (Preferences) > File Manager > Use Trash > ON

Deleted files are stored in (and can be recovered from) var/mobile/Library/iFile/Trash

@ijinrang, assuming you had not changed the default behaviour of iFile, then you should have been able to retrieve the deleted files from that location. A bit of a moot point now, however :(

Hope that clarifies.