What's new

Deleting apps

RFarthing

Reaction score
Had my new iPhone 11 a few months now but haven’t had need to delete apps until today. I tried the old way, holding the app until they start dancing, but the little x doesn’t come up. I’m on iOS 13.1.3.

has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to delete an app?

also, I’ve just noticed the App Store app is missing and I can’t seem to get it back. Is this something new to iOS 13?

thanks to anyone who may have answers.

Ron

When you press on an app icon, tap on "Edit Home Screen".
IMG_4833.jpg

Thanks for the response but that option does not come up. All I get is “rearrange apps” or “share”.

does anyone else have an idea?

Tap the app and hold it until the options shown in Ledsteplin‘s screenshot appear. Instead of Edit Home Screen, select Delete App.

The App Store is still on your home screen, except if you‘ve restricted purchases, e.g. Try searching for it - swipe down from the upper half of the home screen to get to Search and enter App Store.

Thanks but this does not work. I do not get the options noted nor does the app show up in search. On my wife’s iPhone 11, in settings under iTunes and App Store, under automatic downloads, the App Store is listed but it’s not there on my phone. Where could it have gone? How do I get it back?

I guess I will have to visit and Apple store.

Thank you very much! Yes, that solved my problem. The App Store app is now back on my home screen and now I can delete apps again with the little X. Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver!