What's new

Deleting apps that come with phone

AussieRosco

Reaction score
How can I delete apps that come with the phone that I don't use. The little X doesn't come up on theses apps. They must take up memory that I can use if I delete them
Regards
AussieRosco

How can I delete apps that come with the phone that I don't use. The little X doesn't come up on theses apps. They must take up memory that I can use if I delete them
Regards
AussieRosco
The only way to "delete" a native iDevice app is if you are Jailbroken and SSH into your file system. As well, when Jailbroken, you can effectively "hide" unwanted apps w/ a tweak called "Poof." There are other tweaks that do this... Poof is just the one I use.

The only two ways to "hide" unused apps on a stock iDevice... 1) put them in a folder on the back page of your springboard, or 2)http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...e-native-ios-apps-without-jailbreaking-48576/

First you have to jailbreak your phone then you can download an app that would allow you to delete any app

Thank you for your advice. It's probably a bit over my head.
AussieRosco

Go to cydiahacks.com in safari then pick the app the you want to delete then click the link below it and hit instal when it say to and when it say download failed on the app you wanted to delete and click the X on it to delete. :) And if you want it back just reboot your iPhone and you can do this to as many apps you want and NO JAILBREAK NEEDED :)

Be careful which apps you delete some of them affect your iphone performance. If they have a somewhat techie title to them, chances are you need them to run your iphone efficiently

Well I've deleted setting maps stock phone and messages to test it and my iPhone ran smooth

I simply place all unused apps into a folder, label it "unused" and move the folder to the last screen where it's out of the way. This clears the screen of unused icons while avoiding unexpected consequences.