What's new

Deleting a Contact Driving Me Mad!

TQO23

Reaction score
Hi All.

I've deleted a number of contacts from my iPhone4 contacts list but whenever I go to compose a new message and start typing some of the deleted contacts appear in the drop down list.

How can I permanently delete those contacts please?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi All.

I've deleted a number of contacts from my list but whenever I go to compose a new message and start typing some of the deleted contacts appear in the drop down list.

Thanks
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Hi All.

I've deleted a number of contacts from my iPhone4 contacts list but whenever I go to compose a new message and start typing some of the deleted contacts appear in the drop down list.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, this may be the same issue as i see on my iPad. The most popular or use contacts will pop up when you are typing in someone's name even after you have deleted them. Once I stopped using these contacts they weren't showing up as the top of the list anymore and began to disappear. Hope that helps. Maybe others may have something else to add to this.

Welcome to the Forum! :)