What's new

Unable to Delete Contact

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I want to delete a contact, but I do not see a "Delete" option once I go to the contact and choose "Edit." "Delete" should appear at the bottom of the screen whilst in Edit, no? How do I delete the contact?

ETA: Sorry, I found "Delete." A related problem is if I ask Siri to bell the contact, it calls the home number instead of asking me which of the contact's numbers I wish to bell. With my 5s, Siri would ask which one of the contact's phone numbers should be dialled.

I usually say call Mary, cell, or call Mary home when I use Siri to place a call. By doing it the way you did, you trained Siri that you preferred that method and it became the default. You can change the default: “If you have multiple contact methods for your contact–say, several phone numbers–the very first time you press the Call button, iOS delivers you a pop-up asking you to pick which number you want to use. It will then use that as the default every time you tap the button. You can change that default, on the individual’s contact page, by tapping and holding the button for a few seconds to open up that same pop-up where you can pick a different number.”

Last edited:
Thanks, bear7962. By default lately I started asking Siri to call so-and-so mobile, which seemed to work. I did not know the phone made the first number I used the default number. With my 5s, Siri would always bring up all numbers for the contact and ask me which one to use. I normally used the mobile number, but sometimes I used the home number. I am really rather surprised so many people still have landlines. As soon as I was able to switch to U-Verse from DSL, I felt my landline was redundant and discontinued the service which of course helped me to better pay my ISP.

I noticed Siri was doing this with the 8 Plus. I did not set anything for it, but I liked it because I usually use speaker. Suddenly, it just stopped, though. Where do I go to set it?
Thanks! :)

Tell Siri, "Hey Siri, call John Smith on speaker" and she does it [emoji847]

Thanks, I tried it, and it works. Siri was doing it before without me asking for it to be on speaker, though. Now it seems to have stopped, though. Odd....