What's new

Delay in screen awakening while a incoming call

satyen183

Reaction score
hi this issue is with many using the iPhone X
The incoming call from a stored contact does ring but the display does not wake up immediately, it does after a lag of 8 seconds. A restore , reset or restart solves the issue for a temporary period say 40 calla but again it’s the same . This is not the same for unknown contacts while unknown contacts call the number flashes immediately, 3 months in touch with Apple but in vain lemme know if U guys could help thanks Satyen

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Afaik, Apple is most likely collecting data from affected users. There‘s no fix yet, hopefully it will come with a future update. We can‘t really help you, sorry!
Contact Apple Official Apple Support and tell them about it. At the moment, that‘s all that can be done.

This issue for me is exacerbated by my use of “made for iPhone” hearing aids.
When a call comes in I don’t know whether to wait or choose the speakerphone option or to leave the phone to sort the routing to my aids.
When it goes well it goes very well, other times I have to excuse myself to the caller for the delay in them being able to hear my response.

This delay of display on iPhoneX really sucks. It is not a small lapse for a phone with such high piece. No other phone of other companies have this issue. As usual apple customer care does not give you any confidence. They answer very diplomatically or put so many questions by which you get frustrated and give up calling them.
Hope Apple realises the damage that this issue is causing to its brand value and resolve soonest

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the phone is going through the contacts list to put up the notification and this may be the reason for the delay. How many contacts do you have?

I have one with all the spam numbers and emails that has hundreds of phone numbers and email addresses by itself

With same contacts the other iPhone 6 and 7 plus has no such problem