What's new

default CAMERA APP? You must be kidding me!

splash104

Reaction score
So the other day I Jailbroke my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.2 through Evasi0n. Everything's working smoothly until I tried the default camera app and took a picture. Was quite bemused to see the below-par picture quality that it produced unlike the quality before Jailbreak.

Here is what I got (You can clearly notice the extending light rays from the lamp post!).

Any workaround for this? $ImageUploadedByModMyi1363715651.008003.jpg

I'm pretty positive jail breaking didn't cause this issue, since jail breaking alone doesn't have any ties in with the camera app. Is this your only picture since the jailbreak, or have they all came out like this? Is there anything obscuring the camera lens (new case, smudges, or lint)?

Have you installed any camera tweaks or apps from Cydia?

I'm pretty positive jail breaking didn't cause this issue, since jail breaking alone doesn't have any ties in with the camera app. Is this your only picture since the jailbreak, or have they all came out like this? Is there anything obscuring the camera lens (new case, smudges, or lint)?

Have you installed any camera tweaks or apps from Cydia?

Yes, this is my first snapshot after the jailbreak at NIGHT. But, I'm concerned because before (without jailbreak) I used to take great snaps at night as well without any blemishes, blurs etc. I did install a tweak 'Camera Tweak' and yes have removed it as well to see if that was causing the problem but still no change can be seen.

Haven't tried that but going to do now. Power+Home buttons right? ...

Haven't tried that but going to do now. Power+Home buttons right? ...

Yes, Power & Home till the Apple logo appears.

It worked! :)

Actually I had two tweaks installed, 'Camera Tweak' and 'Transparent Camera bar' which was causing the distortions in the image. After removing these two and doing a hard reset all is normal again. I just pointed out an issue with the camera app which can be worked on now :) .

THANKS A BUNCH!

It worked! :)

Actually I had two tweaks installed, 'Camera Tweak' and 'Transparent Camera bar' which was causing the distortions in the image. After removing these two and doing a hard reset all is normal again. I just pointed out an issue with the camera app which can be worked on now :) .

THANKS A BUNCH!

Glad you got it working! :)