What's new

dbrand Skin

YankInDaSouth

Reaction score
I did a search but didn't find anything... anyone using a dbrand skin? I ordered one thinking I'd spice things up a bit LOL. I've had a few on my Android devices and liked them. This was my first iPhone install ... was very pleased with how things were going! Everything lined up great!! Then I got to the corners and the flaps, man what an ODD design! Very difficult to perfect ... pretty sure they'll be pealing up in no time LOL. LOVE how the back looks though!

B174B7D9-E058-4761-BDA5-1D33C27D76E5.JPG

374B2FF5-29AF-4089-9F24-6E70CD0C4C7F.JPG

5BED6098-177A-4F54-A520-0BBD9B7D03DB.JPG

Well, didn't think this warranted a new thread but wanted to post it somewhere. A little warning if you will ...
I was having Bluetooth audio issues - it was very choppy/skipping across multiple devices. So much so it made listening to music practically unbearable... whether it was over wifi, LTE, Apple Music, Google Music, it made no difference. I tried forgetting devices and repairing and eventually a full reset and set up from scratch. Well, on my way home from work yesterday I figured maybe it's the skin ... ripped it off and haven't had the issue once today [emoji57]
So, safe to say the skin was the cause ... kinda odd cuz it's so thin. But I guess it was covering the BT antenna just right??? IDK ... but I do know I'm glad to have smooth listening again [emoji16]

Really odd, wonder what it's made of??

Yeah, I thought so too! It's just a 3M decal ... a glorified sticker. Very, very thin, that's why it never crossed my mind it could be causing the problem.

Yeah, I thought so too! It's just a 3M decal ... a glorified sticker. Very, very thin, that's why it never crossed my mind it could be causing the problem.
Maybe there's a metallic content to the design on the sticker?

Maybe there's a metallic content to the design on the sticker?

Perhaps ... maybe for durability??

I've used them on multiple android phones and never had a problem BUT the skin never wrapped around the sides on any of those devices, only sticks to the back.

It's weird for sure but I'm just glad I got it figured out cuz it was driving me batty!! LOL

Well it appears that it wasn't the skin causing the issue because the problem is back with vengeance! [emoji30]
It is beyond annoying and makes listening to music via Bluetooth practically impossible

Well it appears that it wasn't the skin causing the issue because the problem is back with vengeance! [emoji30]
It is beyond annoying and makes listening to music via Bluetooth practically impossible
Have you considered the possibility that either the Bluetooth antenna or its associated circuitry may be faulty?