What's new

DATA plan OWNing MEH!!! 800MB in 2days :(

woadiestyle

Reaction score
Just got my new iphone 4 JB. Only problem is new customers are stuck with 2g data plan which goes by quick! Ive been DL apps like crazy off Cydia so I need a better way of getting apps so I dont use all of my DATA plan.

How can I get cydia apps downloaded on my PC then is it possible to SYNC to my phone? This is the only way I can last the rest of the month. BTW I DONT HAVE WIFI IN MY HOUSE.

Can this work>>? One solution I can think of is somehow get a wireless modem for my desktop and maybe then go WIFI? (my pc does not have a wireless card)

btw I love my newly JB phone!
thx for any help.
$myIphone.jpg

Last edited:
Theres a place called apptrackr.org. But that is "frowned" upon in the hacker world. Ironic isnt it?

Ur computer doesn't have to be wireless to have a wifi network in ur house. Just buy a wireless router.

Or just go to mcdonalds or Starbucks and use the free wifi to do your heavy downloading.

Just get those wireless router for $50 maybe less. And if your not home or anything before you use your internet on your phone or download stuff, just always check for free open wifi at your location. Thats what I do. My data never went up more than 500mb and im on the internet 80% of the time... Hopefully that helps...

Theres a place called apptrackr.org. But that is "frowned" upon in the hacker world. Ironic isnt it?

Not Ironic at all - There is a difference between Hacking & Piracy. Its just unfortunate that Hacking allways enables Piracy on these devices...

Just get those wireless router for $50 maybe less. And if your not home or anything before you use your internet on your phone or download stuff, just always check for free open wifi at your location. Thats what I do. My data never went up more than 500mb and im on the internet 80% of the time... Hopefully that helps...

Thx for the help. I knew it would be something i over looked but never had a chance to do myself.
I just got my wireless router and ill setting it up ASAP. BTW what would be the difference in speed on my iphone 4 3G vs my broadband at home. My guess is home connection is going to be faster.

its gonna depend on what your internet speed is at home. What ever speed your seeing on your computer now you will see close to that on your device.

i ate up all 2gb in two days...really one app.
i thought i was on wifi when i downloaded tomtom,i was not 1.7gb in one app,with all the other stuff

fortunatly for me i got a good rep that really helped me to get on the 30 dollar unlimited...it was a bit of a pain,but im on it now!!

this is where im at now. I got the wifi hooked up at home (too easy btw) so that everything works great wireless. All I can say is that its blazing fast, way faster than any connection so far with the phone. Thanks for everyones help even though it was an easy fix I just wasn't fully sure what the best plan was. thanks to all
:) = :iphone4horiz: + wifi (broadband)

i ate up all 2gb in two days...really one app.
i thought i was on wifi when i downloaded tomtom,i was not 1.7gb in one app,with all the other stuff

fortunatly for me i got a good rep that really helped me to get on the 30 dollar unlimited...it was a bit of a pain,but im on it now!!

dude I had to laugh at first, but I know its not funny, same thing happened to me.
I was pissed.

this is where im at now. I got the wifi hooked up at home (too easy btw) so that everything works great wireless. All I can say is that its blazing fast, way faster than any connection so far with the phone. Thanks for everyones help even though it was an easy fix I just wasn't fully sure what the best plan was. thanks to all
:) = :iphone4horiz: + wifi (broadband)

Glad you got it sorted woadiestyle... you will be very happy now that you have wifi in your home. Lots of things you can do with that.

Wireless printers, ps3 gaming, TV hookups... the list will go on and on for you.